• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Maybe they can use this law to ban all firearms in Maryland since all firearms in Maryland look like firearms.

Somewhere King George III is laughing his tail off.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    All activities and pursuits are BANNED, unless otherwise allowed.

This Hebrew/Talmudic approach to law-making--which has become normalized in Maryland--will only continue until it is called out for what it is.
    I regret to inform you that the "Hebrew/Talmudic" approach to lawmaking is not "banned unless specifically allowed". It is, in fact, the usual "only things that are specifically banned are banned". No one gives you explicit permission to breathe in the Torah or Talmud, yet I guarantee you that you are allowed to breathe sin-free. I do not know where you came up with this idea that Jews think everything is banned unless specifically allowed, but it is not present in even the most right-wing Jewish circles.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I do not know where you came up with this idea that Jews think everything is banned unless specifically allowed, but it is not present in even the most right-wing Jewish circles.

Ditto.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    at what point in the manufacture of a real ar15 out of metal or polymer, does it go from being an immitation to a real firearm?

I think it is purposely ambiguous.....

HBAR style legislation.

Maybe they can use this law to ban all firearms in Maryland since all firearms in Maryland look like firearms.

Somewhere King George III is laughing his tail off.

I regret to inform you that the "Hebrew/Talmudic" approach to lawmaking is not "banned unless specifically allowed". It is, in fact, the usual "only things that are specifically banned are banned". No one gives you explicit permission to breathe in the Torah or Talmud, yet I guarantee you that you are allowed to breathe sin-free. I do not know where you came up with this idea that Jews think everything is banned unless specifically allowed, but it is not present in even the most right-wing Jewish circles.

Ambiguity is at the heart of Judaic law, otherwise why the need for so many Talmudic scholars to interpret it? If individual freedom is prized then why 800 commandments in Hebrew life vs. 10 commandments in the Bible?

Maryland legislation over the decades has morphed into something where lawyers/scholars argue incessantly about the meaning. Common law tradition has gone down the toilet and it is not an accident.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Ambiguity is at the heart of Judaic law, otherwise why the need for so many Talmadic scholars to interpret it? If individual freedom is prized why 800 commandments in Hebrew life vs. 10 commandments in the Bible?
    C'mon now, there are only 613 commandments. :)

And those are good deeds.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Nice to see some good RINO support. Nothing better than a Republican sign up for a bill that I will bet BIG MONEY on that when he is called out on it, he will say, "It's for the children."

Another fine example of why I don't trust any of these people because I bet only a handful of them actually know anything about guns or even own them.

Get mad about the RINO signed on. Democrats will do what they always do. But Waugh? What kind of crap was he sold on? Democrats love to tout those Republicans that work with them to ban things.

Save the children. Ban airsoft.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I've messaged Waugh asking for clarification. he's is usually very good at replying to me. im hoping this is all just a misunderstanding.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Nice to see some good RINO support. Nothing better than a Republican sign up for a bill that I will bet BIG MONEY on that when he is called out on it, he will say, "It's for the children."

Another fine example of why I don't trust any of these people because I bet only a handful of them actually know anything about guns or even own them.

Get mad about the RINO signed on. Democrats will do what they always do. But Waugh? What kind of crap we as he sold on? Democrats love to tout those Republicans that work with them to ban things.

Save the children. Ban airsoft.

THIS ...

Instead of responsible parents teaching your kids gun safety regardless of 'a firearm' being an 'imitation' or not. Or for the hopolphobic, not allowing your kids to even have a toy gun let alone an air soft.

No, that would be too 'common sense' ... Where's my stamp ?

Attachments

• blsht.jpg
      blsht.jpg
      12.1 KB · Views: 246

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    (E) (1) “IMITATION FIREARM” MEANS A TOY, A DEVICE, OR AN OBJECT 4 THAT SUBSTANTIALLY DUPLICATES OR CAN REASONABLY BE PERCEIVED TO BE A 5 FIREARM OR A HANDGUN. 6
    (2) “IMITATION FIREARM” DOES NOT INCLUDE A TOY, A DEVICE, OR 7 AN OBJECT THAT: 8

Beware the mindless attempts to enshrine the word "reasonably" into law when criteria to specify and measure--height, weight, length, distance, etc--are available.

Debates over the word "reasonable" when applied to objects are ENDLESS.

HBAR anyone?

Use of an "reasonable" standard for measurable things is an effort to make possession so legally tenuous so as to make people just throw up their hands walk away.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Ambiguity is at the heart of Judaic law, otherwise why the need for so many Talmudic scholars to interpret it?
    You're suggesting Jewish law is deliberately ambiguous. I don't know that I'd express it quite like that. In the days of the Sanhedrin, those ambiguities got resolved got in real practice. In any event, that's not what you claimed Jewish law ("halacha") was in your previous post. You said we banned everything not explicitly allowed, and that is just flatly wrong.

If individual freedom is prized then why 800 commandments in Hebrew life vs. 10 commandments in the Bible?
    First of all, there's traditionally 613 mitzvot (commandments, laws, whatever) in the Jewish religion. Second, they're all derived from the Torah's text. Third, the Torah contains way, way more than 10 explicitly stated laws/commandments. I'm certain you've heard of that whole kosher thing? FOUND IN THE TORAH, which is part of the "Bible", and definitely not part of the "big 10".

I don't know who told you this stuff you're writing, but they're completely wrong. "Jewish law mentality" isn't what's causing Maryland's legislature to draft idiotic laws. They just suck at their jobs.

Yes, but what historical tradition do you think progressivism comes from?
    Seriously? You're calling traditional Judaism the driver of progressive politics? Let me guess, we control the banks, too.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    (E) (1) “IMITATION FIREARM” MEANS A TOY, A DEVICE, OR AN OBJECT 4 THAT SUBSTANTIALLY DUPLICATES OR CAN REASONABLY BE PERCEIVED TO BE A 5 FIREARM OR A HANDGUN. 6
    (2) “IMITATION FIREARM” DOES NOT INCLUDE A TOY, A DEVICE, OR 7 AN OBJECT THAT: 8

Beware the mindless attempts to enshrine the word "reasonably" into law when criteria to specify and measure--height, weight, length, distance, etc--are available.

Debates over the word "reasonable" when applied to objects are ENDLESS.

HBAR anyone?

Use of an "reasonable" standard for measurable things is an effort to make possession so legally tenuous so as to make people just throw up their hands walk away.

Dear MSP,

I'm writing regarding clarification of bright blue, bright green, bright orange, bright red, bright yellow, and bright purple toy guns.

Wanting to stay within the law, please advise me of the shade or hue of the brightly colored plastic. Please advise whether the plastic can be clear, translucent, or opaque. Should opaqueness be legal in Maryland for toy guns, please define the percentages of opaqueness permitted. 5%. 10%. 15%. etc.

Thank you for your time and consideration regarding this matter. I look forward to your response and guidance.

Sincerely, Concerned Marylander

Dear Concerned Marylander,

Thank you for taking the time to write.

As long as your toy gun is bright blue, bright green, bright orange, bright red, bright yellow, or bright purple, your toy gun will be legal in the state of Maryland.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely, Trooper Mattel, Plastic Toy Gun Division.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    You're suggesting Jewish law is deliberately ambiguous. I don't know that I'd express it quite like that. In the days of the Sanhedrin, those ambiguities got resolved got in real practice. In any event, that's not what you claimed Jewish law ("halacha") was in your previous post. You said we banned everything not explicitly allowed, and that is just flatly wrong.

First of all, there's traditionally 613 mitzvot (commandments, laws, whatever) in the Jewish religion. Second, they're all derived from the Torah's text. Third, the Torah contains way, way more than 10 explicitly stated laws/commandments. I'm certain you've heard of that whole kosher thing? FOUND IN THE TORAH, which is part of the "Bible", and definitely not part of the "big 10".

I don't know who told you this stuff you're writing, but they're completely wrong. "Jewish law mentality" isn't what's causing Maryland's legislature to draft idiotic laws. They just suck at their jobs.

Seriously? You're calling traditional Judaism the driver of progressive politics? Let me guess, we control the banks, too.

The transition from Common Law foundations in Maryland legislation to the obtuse, unknowable-standard statutes that are now ubiquitous is a debate that needs to be conducted, absent "blood libel" references.

The stupidity enshrined in legislative proposal that started this thread is the evidence of that.

Example: for decades now the Maryland State Police Licensing Division has used a "Holy Man Tribunal" to dispense CCW when other states print a public standard discernible by ANY citizen who wishes to apply.

I encourage you to tell me--from a historical basis--what accounts for a transition from the plain-language, narrowly-tailored, least-restrictive approach of decades past to the HBAR/HB281/toy-gun insanity that we are discussing today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom