• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar154u

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 23, 2015
    Due to the recent Kolbe ruling I am canceling the proposed 14Th Amendment CCW application effort. The language in the Kolbe case suggests that the 14Th Amendment will fail. There was some uncertainty going in, but now the level of of uncertainty has increased to an uncomfortable level. I thank those who have joined me and supported this effort.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      92.8 KB · Views: 509

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I mentioned your exact reasoning in the thread- forgot your screen name but said new member- and how the opinion shot it down. Is it right? of course not. That just shows some are more worthy than others.

ar154u

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 23, 2015
    I mentioned your exact reasoning in the thread- forgot your screen name but said new member- and how the opinion shot it down. Is it right? of course not. That just shows some are more worthy than others.

It sucks. I know the decision mentioned Leo's and retired Leo's and how the 14thA compares them to " normal " citizens, but it gives me insight on how the court thinks in regards to a caste system. I can see the court saying a business owner is different from a " normal " citizen because the business owner will carry more cash making him a more appealing target. Criminals don't think that way, criminals want fast and easy with no resistance from their target. I think rationally, the state and judicial system thinks irrationally.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Bingo

It sucks. I know the decision mentioned Leo's and retired Leo's and how the 14thA compares them to " normal " citizens, but it gives me insight on how the court thinks in regards to a caste system. I can see the court saying a business owner is different from a " normal " citizen because the business owner will carry more cash making him a more appealing target. Criminals don't think that way, criminals want fast and easy with no resistance from their target. I think rationally, the state and judicial system thinks irrationally.

Ed Zachary!!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I started the titled thread so those who supported and joined the effort could easily see the cancelation.

You don't make any sense. Posting to a single thread is how all parties can keep up to date.

This is the FOURTH thread you've started for one pet project. If everybody did what you are doing the forum would be a mess.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      91.2 KB · Views: 405

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Well i guess i will have to look for training elsewhere. since i am disabled and on fixed income the training $$ will hurt.. but its what I have to do to try to get my permit. Thanks for letting us know. Wish you good luck and take care

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Well i guess i will have to look for training elsewhere. since i am disabled and on fixed income the training $$ will hurt.. but its what I have to do to try to get my permit. Thanks for letting us know. Wish you good luck and take care
    motorcoachdoug, if you can find training convenient to you, I will cover the cost. You are a good person and my wife and I had two 'near-miracle' blessings in 2015 and I want to pay some forward.

Good luck and let me know.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Due to the recent Kolbe ruling I am canceling the proposed 14Th Amendment CCW application effort. The language in the Kolbe case suggests that the 14Th Amendment will fail. There was some uncertainty going in, but now the level of of uncertainty has increased to an uncomfortable level. I thank those who have joined me and supported this effort.

Man, I wasn't in on your 14A plan, but at least you were making an active effort and I applaud you for that.

Good thing this ruling came out before you spend a lot of time and money on it, though.

And, ignore the self-important, self-appointed forum police. I'm sure the mods would say/do something if they had an issue with your posting habits.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I would disagree with your 14th amendment dismissal. Kolbe said LEO's are a distinct class and it does not apply. For a CCW lawsuit you are not dealin gwith different classes.

The state of maryland argued in Woolard that IDENTICAL plaintiffs would be treated differently under MSP's current interpretation of "Good and Substantial"

With the state already admitting in court that it treats identical classes of citizens differently they have done half your work for you.

ar154u

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 23, 2015
    You don't make any sense. Posting to a single thread is how all parties can keep up to date.

This is the FOURTH thread you've started for one pet project. If everybody did what you are doing the forum would be a mess.

Thank you for keeping track of my Internet forum activities. I hereby appoint you forum police officer....oh wait, I don't have the authority to appoint you. No more than you have the authority to tell me how to post or create threads. Thanks for trying though.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    motorcoachdoug, if you can find training convenient to you, I will cover the cost. You are a good person and my wife and I had two 'near-miracle' blessings in 2015 and I want to pay some forward.

Good luck and let me know.

You are a good man. I'll split it with you if you like :thumbsup:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    OP, i know you said in one of your other threads that you don't officially have an attorney for the case. Have you consulted with any counsel for the decision to move forward or not move forward?

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Gentlemen
    I do not know what to say except thank you so much. I live in the Silver Spring area of Maryland and the next class that I can find is in La Plata,MD in the middle of Feb. I know that would be a distance to drive but its better then driving to the eastern shore. If you know of any place closer even if it is not going to start until March I am willing to wait. Once again thank you for offer. Truly,you are both gentlemen here
    Sincerely
    Doug B
    motorcoachdoug.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Gentlemen
    I do not know what to say except thank you so much. I live in the Silver Spring area of Maryland and the next class that I can find is in La Plata,MD in the middle of Feb. I know that would be a distance to drive but its better then driving to the eastern shore. If you know of any place closer even if it is not going to start until March I am willing to wait. Once again thank you for offer. Truly,you are both gentlemen here
    Sincerely
    Doug B
    motorcoachdoug.

Doug, Gilberts has an HQL class tomorrow in Rockville (I know the trainer and he's very good....you'll like him). Click here for details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom