What would be cheapest I could get a full auto for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    You can get into a basic 380 mac for ~$2.5-3K; a 9mm mac for ~$3.5-4K. Add a Lage upper (that's what I would do) and some other trinkets, you're in at ~$5-6K. If you have a little more, I'd seriously consider a Ruger AC556- you can get into one of those for ~$8K and Ruger still services them. Bonus: you can play A Team in your back yard. An AR would run you $14-18K and an MP5 (what I would get if I had the means) for ~$18K+.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    A "MAC" style smg is not necessarily the least expensive any longer. The Reising smg's are generally cheaper. They might be worth a look.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    MAC is usually the way to go. I know someone Whi is probably going to sell theirs. If your interested let me know. MAC 11 9mm. Very low round count.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    As said, MAC's are usually the least expensive, but keep an eye out for FNC auto sears, they used to be a good deal. Total investment $6500-7500 before the craziness. I picked up a Registered Lightning Link last may for $6500, including the transfer.

The Lightning Links also have gotten crazy.

Subguns, were running 3500 or so last year, but the current craziness has caused enough market demand to make it much higher.

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    I bought a "Bumpski" stock for my Saiga .308. It ain't really full auto but it sure acts like it............................AND it's LEGAL. Fostech Outdoors makes them. You can put them on ARs, AKs, and they've even got one for Rugers.

That is just a plastic attachment to a toy. The fine gentlemen OP is asking about the real deal.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    You can get into a basic 380 mac for ~$2.5-3K; a 9mm mac for ~$3.5-4K. Add a Lage upper (that's what I would do) and some other trinkets, you're in at ~$5-6K. If you have a little more, I'd seriously consider a Ruger AC556- you can get into one of those for ~$8K and Ruger still services them. Bonus: you can play A Team in your back yard. An AR would run you $14-18K and an MP5 (what I would get if I had the means) for ~$18K+.

Not anymore. Ask ScarQB about that when a part on his finally broke.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Not anymore. Ask ScarQB about that when a part on his finally broke.

Ruger is no longer supporting the AC 556.

But..... Most Mini 14 parts fit. The only thing different would be the receiver and trigger group.

The extractor on mine broke after 2o years. Got replacements from Midway. I'm also planning to get a custom heavy barrel installed with a 1/7 twist .

For a good Entry level SMG.... Look out for STEN guns. The slow rate of fire makes it fun to shoot.. These are around 4k nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom