• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I would have asked them the policy.
    "Good morning. I noticed that the building is not posted as a gun/weapons free zone, but that you have detection set up. I'd like to know the policy so that I don't mistakenly violate it".

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Also depends on your employers position on that unless you are self employed.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    this sounds like a story where you just wanted to tell someone you were carrying a gun

NEXT

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    @Brooklyn - yes, they really told me that I could come back in through the loading dock. Granted, I did say that it was my tape measure and a flashlight but yes I thought it was odd. Top notch security.

@Reico86 - without naming names it is a business that deals with the various stock markets. Not altogether uncommon, I have run into this at other places. Employees badge through a gate and visitors go through the detector.

BurtonRW

Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    A similar thing happened to me while visiting a museum on the Mall in D.C. I had tickets and was in line for going through a metal detector to merely enter the facility when I realized I had my folding knife in my front pocket. Needless to say, I excused myself and then had to walk over eight freaking blocks back to the car to deposit it safely there.

Like hell I'm walking that far over an EDC folder. Unless it was something really special or expensive, that's what outdoor planters are for.

Find large pot, bury knife, retrieve on exit.

I've done this a few times and haven't lost a blade yet.

-Rob

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Like hell I'm walking that far over an EDC folder. Unless it was something really special or expensive, that's what outdoor planters are for.

Find large pot, bury knife, retrieve on exit.

I've done this a few times and haven't lost a blade yet.

-Rob

It was not an expensive blade(Buck 110 clone) but one I've had for a long time. Either way, it gave me a break from the M.I.L., who was already on my last nerve. Interesting idea planting a knife tree and I might consider that in some future situation but on the Mall around all the heavily-surveilled Federal buildings, I would not want to be seen burying anything or appearing in any way out of the ordinary. Perhaps I need a larger hat size for my tin foil toupee'?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    @Brooklyn - yes, they really told me that I could come back in through the loading dock. Granted, I did say that it was my tape measure and a flashlight but yes I thought it was odd. Top notch security.

@Reico86 - without naming names it is a business that deals with the various stock markets. Not altogether uncommon, I have run into this at other places. Employees badge through a gate and visitors go through the detector.

I think you did the discreet and sensible thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom