• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sambaboi

Oct 29, 2014
    Bethesda, MD
    In the reply I received from them, they mentioned how many times I contacted them. That is pretty compulsive and I'm sure they factor your eagerness, name/race, location, and intent into being sent to secondary. I think the secondary created a discriminatory process of everyone having the same civil rights.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    I just put my HQL in the mail to return to MSP. After living in Md since 1960, I am now a Virginia resident. Md is a great state except for the politics etc. Good luck to all.

Sambaboi

Oct 29, 2014
    Bethesda, MD
    Mail HQL

I was just approved and found out that once approved, they only mail the licenses out on Tuesday's. I found out from United Gun Shop. So, since mine was approved last week, hopefully I should habe mine today or tomorrow.. Let's see!

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    Today marks 22 days and I was approved this morning. Waiting on the card in the mail now. Hopefully I see it next week

HAHAHA SWEET!!!!!

I'd already checked 3 times today....but when I saw that you were on day 22 and got approved, I figured I would check again too....Day 21, APPROVED!!!

Bout damn time!!!! :party29:

Manco

Nov 6, 2014
    Easton
    HAHAHA SWEET!!!!!

I'd already checked 3 times today....but when I saw that you were on day 22 and got approved, I figured I would check again too....Day 21, APPROVED!!!

Ours must have both been in the same secondary pile haha!
    I didn't put too much faith in it when I checked this morning, but when i saw 'active' I about dropped my phone in excitement hah

Sambaboi

Oct 29, 2014
    Bethesda, MD
    Excitement

Ours must have both been in the same secondary pile haha!
    I didn't put too much faith in it when I checked this morning, but when i saw 'active' I about dropped my phone in excitement hah

When I saw it change I was amazed too! I was like, "wow, this actually works!" So, if UGS was correct and they mail it Tuesday's, I should have it tomorrow, because no luck today and my XDM is waiting! Watch it get lost in the mail... Knock on wood. :clap::clap::clap::toothless:toothless

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I applied last Thursday 11/13, the same day I had my prints done. I received a copy of my background check the next day. My status is still pending and everything is completed except the CJIS and JIS.

Wanna hear another good one? I sent my CCW app in the same day. They received it the next day. I called Monday because I realized that I forgot to put my certification score sheet in the packet. I asked if I could email or fax the doc to them. Answer was nope. They stuck it right back into an envelope and sent it back. It was incredible that they reviewed my packet, typed the letter outlining my need to complete a course and had it in the mail in less that 24 business hours. Incredible how fast they move when they want to. :)

Sambaboi

Oct 29, 2014
    Bethesda, MD
    Still nothing.

I expected to receive it today if they sent it on Tuesday, but no luck. It sucks that they don't include a tracking number. So do they have 30 days to accept it or to have it in your hands?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Also, at what point can you take legal action?

Whenever you can convince a lawyer that you will pay him to prove you have been violated.

If your HQL arrives significantly beyond 30 days from when you applied it would be best to forward all the pertinent info to those already suing the state over SB281 (MSI et al)

Sambaboi

Oct 29, 2014
    Bethesda, MD
    wait time

Actually, 9 for me because of Thanksgiving. I can understand one or the other, but these regulations are killing me. Let's write a book and call it How to Regain Your Freedom In America.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    You ever stop and think that maybe your constant harrassment stonewalled your HQL process? 6 status requests in 2 weeks is a bit much, IMO? You have 19 posts on MDS and all 19 are about your HQL issues. Just seems a bit obsessive. Are there some hidden benefits to having an HQL that I am missing?

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I just received my HQL. It took 31 days from application to it arrive in my mailbox. Now I have to wait for the "cool down" period for me to be able to acquire the item I purchased. It should not take that long, especially for someone who already owns a regulated firearm and is a designated collector.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Actually, 9 for me because of Thanksgiving. I can understand one or the other, but these regulations are killing me. Let's write a book and call it How to Regain Your Freedom In America.

Thanksgiving should not be a consideration in your waiting period. The law specifies "after seven days", not after 7 business days or any other nonsense. The day the paperwork is filed is Day 1. Paperwork on a Monday means you can take it home the next Monday (the dealer being closed that day notwithstanding, and assuming you are Not Disapproved). If your dealer tells you otherwise, you need a new dealer. I can recommend 2A Sales in Jessup. They are an IP here and they know exactly when you can take your purchase home.

Also, don't forget your bore lock. You should be able to bring one with you. If your dealer makes you buy one from him, you need a new dealer.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    HAHAHA SWEET!!!!!

Application\License Fee Completed Oct/29/14
    MVA Photo Completed Oct/29/14
    LiveScan Completed Oct/29/14
    Training Completed Oct/29/14
    NICS Completed Oct/29/14
    METERS Completed Oct/29/14
    CJIS Completed Oct/29/14
    MAFSS Completed Oct/29/14
    JIS Completed Oct/29/14
    DJS Incomplete
    DHMH Completed Oct/30/14