• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Summer and camp will be here before we realize it, so here is what I'm suggesting we do, as the firearms community in Maryland, to help out kids who will need support again this year.

We need commitments of .22 ammunition. Really, I don't think it'll matter a whit whether it's LR, short, or even subsonic. For single shot use, they should all be "more than none".

So what I'm proposing is this...

Please commit to one (or more) of the following:

--For every 2 rounds of .22 you shoot at the range, donate one. So, for every 100 spent, give 50 to the kids.

--Commit to an amount per week, whether it's as little as 50, or a brick.

--Donate a fixed amount, and be done with it.

--Work with a retailer or even a wholesaler, to see what they will be willing to donate.

Any of these will help.

I'd like to set a starting goal of 10,000 rounds each, for Baltimore Area and National Capital Councils. Not sure what to set for Mason-Dixon, Delmarva, and such...

Honestly I see no reason for MDS not to come through. We'll run this through May 31

Post your commitment, to which council, and keep your post current with any changes you make as we go.

I'll update with additional information as we go. Anyone who is involved in any council-level activities, please let me know so we can coordinate efforts.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    Let me see what I have at home and I'm sure I'm good for a couple hundred.
    Details on collection point(s)? I could just toss it out the window on my way down your street...lol

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    Put me down for 525rds...I'd be happy to shuttle any ammo down from the City since I work smack dab in the middle of it

Sent from my rewired speak and spell

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I know that Paul Shinol at Constitutional Firearms is willing to work with Boy Scout and other groups (4-H) on prices for .22.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I will check with our troop tomorrow night and see how they are fairing for 22. We also have a camping trip the 11th at broad creek where the ranges will be open. Our troop is large, so I think they have it covered. I am new here since my son bridged last spring. I will be one of the RSO's for the camping trip.
    Our shooting sports coordinator is also on the Balt Area council, so he would know. Either way, put me down for a brick.

ETA: I could be the collection point for north of the city. I am in the Timonium Area

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Last year, NCAC received I think 26k rounds in donation (probably mostly from here). People either brought it to the headquarters in Bethesda or shipped it down to Goshen. The rest of the ammo we needed we either bought at ridiculous cost (I think we shelled out at least $0.40 a round at one point) or got from ATK when they set aside ammo for BSA/4H at cost.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Another thought is to contact MD State Rifle and Pistol Association to see if Andrea Miller can work on getting NRA grants to help fund your effort.

I am not sure how any of the grant stuff works so Andrea would be a good start.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I will donate a brick from my personal stash!

also I will get Bob to pony up a brick from the shop so between us will will donate 1,000 rounds of .22 lr !

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Did you guys go through the Federal/CCI program this year.

Clubs up to 15,000
    and
    Camps up 50,000.

Man, thats alot of ammo.

We are getting 15k this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude