• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    HQL Classes Every Tuesday & Thursday - Halethorpe

We host HQL classes every Tuesday and Thursday evening from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm at our facility in Halethorpe. Classes are taught indoors - rain or shine.

Cost is only $40 for MDS members. Register on our HQL website at https://www.hqlclasses.com/register or call us at 410-921-6393.

Last edited:
    I took a class from Chuck last Thursday (the 19th). It was a great. Chuck's knowledge and teaching skills are excellent. His enthusiasm is contagious. You can tell he does this because he has a passion for it. There were a bunch of cancelations ( I blame the weather) and he could have easily canceled the class since it was only me but he didn't. I look forward to giving him my future business.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    We run our classes rain or shine, sleet or snow. Even if we only have one person show up, we'll still teach the class. Just another Tyler Firearms difference.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    I am going to recommend you to some friends that are interested

Thank you for the recommendation. We're also holding an NRA Basic Pistol/HQL course on August 9th if they want more than just the HQL training. They'll end up with the Basic Pistol rocker and be able to participate in the NRA/Winchester Marksmanship program (http://mqp.nra.org/). My wife and I do this together and have a lot of fun at the range. It gives you something more to do than just blast away at paper...:)

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    I would be interested in that myself. What will the cost be?

The cost is $125 per student and includes both the NRA Basic Pistol course and the HQL course, if needed. A handgun is required for the course as you will be shooting at least 50 rounds. If you do not have a handgun, we have them for rent with ammunition for $50.00.

Start time is 8am and will go until about 6-7pm depending on whether you'll be taking the HQL portion. The location is at our facility in Halethorpe (see address in my signature below).

You can register on our website https://hqlclasses.com/register.php?id=39 or call us at 410-921-6393, option 1.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    We're changing our days to Monday and Thursday starting next week (7/21/2014). Same time, same location, just different days of the week.

We'll also teach weekend classes with at least four (4) students per class. If you know other people and can get three of them together, let me know and we can schedule a class that fits your schedule. Plus, it qualifies you for credit towards a free gun!
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=153691

gorckat

Sep 4, 2013
    Dundalk
    Does completion of an NRA basic pistol class qualify as an exemption form a new HQL class?

I did one a couple years abo, but my wife wasnt comfortable with me buying then (silly, because she setupthe class as a Father's Day thing).

Sorry to hijack- your mention of the NRA option made me think of it.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    No hijack at all. The material covered in the NRA Basic Pistol course is also in the HQL course, plus Maryland law. Since you took the course before the HQL course even existed, and there was no Maryland law portion, I don't believe it will qualify.

If you come by our shop on a Monday or Thursday at 5pm, we'll take care of you in regards to the training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom