• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    District 42 Candidates

Senate:

Brochin, Jim (D) - voted for SB281 - F rating from NRA-PVF, T (for Turncoat) rating from AGC

DeJuliis, Connie (D) - DINO candidate! Weakest potential opponent for the pro-2A Republican - ? rating from NRA-PVF

Robinson, Tim (R)
    http://www.facebook.com/TimRobinsonForSenate - no primary election, so no NRA-PVF rating at this time

After discussing campaign strategies with Tim Robinson, DeJuliis emerges as the DINO candidate of choice. She lacks Brochin's name recognition and her policies are kool-aid drinking moon bat.

I had the chance to sit down with Tim Robinson for a lengthy discussion of gun rights, politics, and the meaning of life. We need to get behind his campaign 100% to be sure we have a voice for our rights in Annapolis next session. His campaign is going to need all the help we can give it. Funds are important but so are boots on the ground.

Delegate:

42A:

Lafferty, Stephen (D) - voted for SB281
    http://www.delegatelafferty.com/

McAllister, Michael A. (R)
    http://www.mikemcallister.net/

42B:

Leonard, Robert (D)

Little, Craig J. (D)

Aumann, Susan L. (R) - A rating from NRA-PVF
    http://www.susanaumann.com

Boteler, Joseph C. III (R) - A rating from NRA-PVF
    http://www.facebook.com/delegate.boteler

Filamor, Jesse (R)

West, Chris (R)
    http://www.electchriswest.com/

Sue Aumann and Joe Boteler have long been supporters of 2A rights and both voted against FSA2013.

Last edited:

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Brochin also Voted favorably on SB281 while it was in the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee. I figure you already knew that dogbone, but just in case...

Last edited:

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Brochin also Voted favorably on SB281 while it was in the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee. I figure you already knew that dogbone, but just in case...

Thanks for the additional note on Brochin's record.

Yes, Brochin must go. However, my thinking is that he would be the weakest Democrat in the general election. If DeJuliis wins the primary, she will have MOM and the party's full backing in the general election, making a much tougher race for the Republican candidate. For this reason, it may be wiser to support Brochin in the Democratic primary to help push for a very possible win by the Republican in the general.

I have edited this post to reflect a change in my thoughts on the primary based on discussions with Tim Robertson and his campaign staff. They feel DeJuliis would be the weakest candidate to face in the November general election and she should be the DINO candidate.

Last edited:

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    With the change in the district boundaries, a swing of 7k votes is very much a possibility. The district now includes a sparsely populated but very conservative section of Baltimore County which used to be part of District 5. Funding will be a part of the equation, of course, but the Republican candidate seems to be coming out of the gate with a strong fund raising effort.

It seems to me the best DINO strategy is to vote for DeJuliis in June while pouring time, money and other support to Tim Robinson in the November contest.

I have edited this post to reflect a change in my thoughts on the primary based on discussions with Tim Robertson and his campaign staff. They feel DeJuliis would be the weakest candidate to face in the November general election and she should be the DINO candidate.

Last edited:

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    You're welcome.

I think we are looking at the very start of his serious campaigning and hopefully the web site and FB will get fleshed out with some more info. Not much there and quite a few 404 errors at the moment but maybe we can find a WordPress savvy 2A supporter to lend him a hand.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Wow, good research and info! I will work to get the election thread updated with a bit more from your findings

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    okay, I think I have the election thread all updated with summary info and links. Let me know if it looks okay.

I also had a few other pieces of info -

Stephen Lafferty (D)
    cosponsor of HB0294**

Joseph C Boteler III (R)
    Currently serving as a delegate in District 8

Thanks, and thanks for the new $0.50 word - enmity! I did have to look that one up :)

Last edited:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Brochin has omalley and Erlich against him, and us and his constituents. He's toast. Let him burn his money and force the omally candidate do the same running for the democrat primary.

I don't buy the argument he's easier to defeat in the general election. We need to vote him out in the primary, leave him no chance. Send a clear message. Brochin must go.

"In an interview, Brochin acknowledged that he is in a unique spot, but said he is confident of his reelection prospects.

“It matters much more to me that my constituents back home support me than what the Annapolis establishment wants,” he said."

For anyone unfamiliar with the character Brochin, here is the now infamous video where he tells his constituents he would oppose SB281, then voted for it later.

He was hoping we would forget.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    The good news is, we are not the only ones that want Brochin gone.

I had lunch with a group of retired Balt Co Firefighters on Tuesday and the subject of the election was being discussed by a couple of people sitting near me. One of them stated that his focus in the local elections is to assure that "That lying ass Brochin is gone". This guy is a Lutherville resident and an officer in the Firefighter's Union. Looks like we have friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom