• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    In reading the bill, is it just me or does it still say in the text that during an investigation you show [; and
    (ii) has good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger

WTH? Why would that language still be in there? Or is it late and I'm missing something?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    In reading the bill, is it just me or does it still say in the text that during an investigation you show [; and
    (ii) has good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger

WTH? Why would that language still be in there? Or is it late and I'm missing something?

Annual crash course

1. Anything between [ ] is being removed
    2. Anything in bold is being added

Feb 28, 2013
    Let's see now. HOW many other states have a similar law on the books, without the streets running red?:rolleyes::mad54:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Let's see now. HOW many other states have a similar law on the books, without the streets running red?:rolleyes::mad54:

It doesn't really matter to them. I'm in Texas now, one of the places in Texas that routinely finishes in the safest cities in America, and some people here think more gun control would make it safer.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    It doesn't really matter to them. I'm in Texas now, one of the places in Texas that routinely finishes in the safest cities in America, and some people here think more gun control would make it safer.

Don't mess with Texas ...

auf_2

Mar 29, 2013
    Looks reasonable. So I'm sure there are several on "the committee" who will vigorously oppose it.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I like the fact that it couldn't be more simple, focuses the issue, and if nothing else will expose the GA ass hats as the oath breakers they are. Along the way, maybe a few people will realize the GA's actions have absolutely nothing to do with preventing crime and protecting the children, but rather as unfettered gun control on otherwise law abiding, taxpaying citizens. By refusing to pass this, they will be saying we the elected elite do not trust you the commoners to handle a weapon and defend yourself beyond your own door step.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I like the fact that it couldn't be more simple, focuses the issue, and if nothing else will expose the GA ass hats as the oath breakers they are. Along the way, maybe a few people will realize the GA's actions have absolutely nothing to do with preventing crime and protecting the children, but rather as unfettered gun control on otherwise law abiding, taxpaying citizens. By refusing to pass this, they will be saying we the elected elite do not trust you the commoners to handle a weapon and defend yourself beyond your own door step.

They say this every year. I'm sure we can all identify a good number who prefer you not defend yourself inside the home, either.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Oath for General Assembly members:

"I, [ ], do swear, [or affirm], that I will support the Constitution of the United States; and that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the State of Maryland, and support the Constitution and Laws thereof; and that I will, to the best of my skill and judgment, diligently and faithfully, without partiality or prejudice, execute the office of [ ], according to the Constitution and Laws of this State." :innocent0

In addition to the above oath of office, there are 44 lawyers in the General Assembly. 12 in the Senate and 32 in the House. To become admitted to the Maryland Bar they took the following oath before the Court of Appeals:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will at all times demean myself fairly and honorably as an attorney and practitioner at law; that I will bear true allegiance to the State of Maryland, and support the laws and Constitution thereof, and that I will bear true allegiance to the United States, and that I will support, protect and defend the Constitution, laws and government thereof as the supreme law of the land; any law or ordinance of this or any State to the contrary notwithstanding." :innocent0

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Perhaps if each individual sheriff's office were to issue permits g & s will vary by county. I see the sheriffs of Baltimore city, county, p.g., Montgomery, and maybe 3 others who would not be inclined to issue but I say the rest would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom