• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    The PTR 32 will only be offered in the Green at this time , if you want another color simply purchase other furniture of paint the green black.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Plastic as in Tapco's? Or the real phenolithic resin ones?

They normally come with tapco mags I have Romanian 30s and 40s that work well. I don't have any phenolic 1s to try. If they are made to the same dimensions as the plastic mags then they should. You can fit the steel mags to work. But it requires some filing.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So if you can use the same stocks as the PTR91 on this - then there are a lot of accessories available. Looks like it has a paddle mag release.

If I were not sinking a lot of money in a progressive reloading rig ...

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    These are fun shooting guns :-) recoil is minimal and with it being a delay roller system they are tack drivers !!

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    When you consider that a Ruger Mini 30 is what? $800?? More?? This looks very attractive. I would dare say that this thing would be more accurate than the Ruger. Easy enough to mount an optic. I am not an AK owner - but isn't it difficult to put a red dot on an AK?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Remember that the PTR-32 weighs like 9lbs, or 9.5lbs with the bull barrel. I agree that it is a very appealing gun visually, but it's a heavy SOB compared to an AK, Vz58, or even a Galil ACE.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Remember that the PTR-32 weighs like 9lbs, or 9.5lbs with the bull barrel. I agree that it is a very appealing gun visually, but it's a heavy SOB compared to an AK, Vz58, or even a Galil ACE.

Good point. For a 308 - the weight absorbs the recoil, as opposed to a 5 lbs bolt gun. For an AK round - not so much needed. Maybe the gen 2 PTR 32 will be lighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom