• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-news/releases/view?id=44007

If you’re in a position to try and take the gunman down, to take the gunman out, it’s the best option for saving lives before police can get there,” she tells Cooper.

I saw this on the news and I was like....Seriously? Evidently she'll be on 60 minutes too. Making the rounds on the news to promote DCs new CCW law, which no longer bans it, just makes it next to impossible.

Fight back with what, exactly?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Your office does have its DHS-issued pair of scissors, doesn't it?

They were generous with us and also tossed in a red swingline stapler.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    That's funny. My workplace basically ordered us to drop, hide, & hold on. Any fighting back is absolutely the last resort

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• o-POP-TART-GUN-facebook.jpg
      o-POP-TART-GUN-facebook.jpg
      32.5 KB · Views: 887

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    That's funny. My workplace basically ordered us to drop, hide, & hold on. Any fighting back is absolutely the last resort

My company has no official policy AFAIK.
    But I have actually gamed this where I work about 10 years ago.

I happen to have an office that's on an outer wall near an entry way so I might be able to make it out of the building in a hurry if such a situation presented itself. But what if I'm not in my office or the entrance near my office was the one used by the shooter?

My office credenza and shelves make a ladder of sorts where I could get to the ceiling fairly quickly. There are similar arrangements in meeting and other rooms/offices throughout the building that would afford similar hasty retreats. There are also nooks in the warehouse where you could lose yourself but that's not a predictable arrangement.

The ceiling where I work is a dropped acoustical tile type that's easy to get through. Once through the ceiling I could make my way (I think) across the various office partitions to pretty much anywhere I wished. At least that's what I've seen the facilities guys do when they're stringing things like network cables. Heck I used to do it myself when I was more "junior", so to speak.

If I made it up to the ceiling and couldn't move about I bet I'd be OK as I'm betting that an active shooter would not be shooting randomly into the ceiling.

Last edited:

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    She needs to be challenged on this. We know the Press has long stopped being the 4th estate, and is now the 5th column. However, some citizen needs to call her on this the next time she is on a radio call in show.

Is she really suggesting an unarmed citizen should bum rush an active shooter but she does not support armed citizens?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    What a hypocrite.

Telling the populace that they're on their own for the most intense part of active shooter situations--which we here knew already--all the while saying and doing what she can to keep the same populace from being armed enough to protect themselves.

She's not a cop; she's a politician.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    My company has no official policy AFAIK.
    But I have actually gamed this where I work about 10 years ago.

I happen to have an office that's on an outer wall near an entry way so I might be able to make it out of the building in a hurry if such a situation presented itself. But what if I'm not in my office or the entrance near my office was the one used by the shooter?

My office credenza and shelves make a ladder of sorts where I could get to the ceiling fairly quickly. There are similar arrangements in meeting and other rooms/offices throughout the building that would afford similar hasty retreats. There are also nooks in the warehouse where you could lose yourself but that's not a predictable arrangement.

The ceiling where I work is a dropped acoustical tile type that's easy to get through. Once through the ceiling I could make my way (I think) across the various office partitions to pretty much anywhere I wished. At least that's what I've seen the facilities guys do when they're stringing things like network cables. Heck I used to do it myself when I was more "junior", so to speak.

If I made it up to the ceiling and couldn't move about I bet I'd be OK as I'm betting that an active shooter would not be shooting randomly into the ceiling.

I'm not sure if you are serious about this or not, but this facility guy wouldn't even try going into a ceiling to hide, let alone travel. It's more or less impossible.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    too many Hollywood movies? ceiling panels can't support any weight other than their own.

most supply ducts in a typical office don't have access panels AFAIK,.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    too many Hollywood movies? ceiling panels can't support any weight other than their own.

most supply ducts in a typical office don't have access panels AFAIK,.

I could make an entire thread why this is either a bad idea or won't work

As for the HVAC ducts, even if they have panels (and you fit in the duct work) where are you going :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom