• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Every year I got people always asking to take them deer, waterfowl, or dove hunting. But when it comes time to go they always got something else to do or they just don't want to go now. Worst part is they do this year after year. Is it just me or does this happen to anybody else?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Only once. If folks can't make their commitments and they renege without a pretty good excuse, it's their last invitation. Been there, done that. Same for folks who are always late.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    My favorite is when is when people ask for deer meat. I always give some away, but i also offer to shoot a deer for them and drop it off at a butcher, then they just need to pick it up and pay. I always got the, no just whatever is free. I really dont offer anymore

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Every year I got people always asking to take them deer, waterfowl, or dove hunting. But when it comes time to go they always got something else to do or they just don't want to go now. Worst part is they do this year after year. Is it just me or does this happen to anybody else?

Hehe, I've had the opposite experience. Had people offer to take me (I'm chomping at bit as I've never gone hunting) then they either disappear or ignore me altogether...

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Hehe, I've had the opposite experience. Had people offer to take me (I'm chomping at bit as I've never gone hunting) then they either disappear or ignore me altogether...

With the frequency of your posts, maybe they are afraid to take you out, because you might talk that much in person or be playing on your phone the whole time.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I have always told people that they have to head out to the place and put in a minimum of 5 weekends doing stuff around the property, so they can get the lay of the land. As soon as that comes out, they always say "No thanks, but if you get a deer, I want some deer meat.". Sorry, not going to happen... When I get back, the first thing they say is welcome back, then the second thing is "Where is my deer meat?".

I dislike people that pull that crap.

So far, I have had one friend follow though on the 5 weekends and when he is at deer camp, he busts his ass doing stuff with us. He has an open invite every year.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    With the frequency of your posts, maybe they are afraid to take you out, because you might talk that much in person or be playing on your phone the whole time.

Leonardo-Dicaprio-Cheers.jpg

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    There is a reason why only 5% of the population engages in hunting.

Because it's difficult, maddening, and requires an over abundance of patience and concentration.

I took family members out deer hunting that wanted to run back inside after twenty minutes.

Cold and Bored.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I only have problems taking known hunters. The neophytes are always eager to go. Maybe it's just me? :shrug:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

Not a problem. I met him through this site, shoot with the man regularly, and he is a pleasure to hang out with. Eager to learn and share his own knowledge. :thumbsup: Besides texting from a duck blind should be quiet :D

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

Lol, I was hoping you were joking. I was as well.

My son and I took the hunters safety course 2 years ago. My uncle talks about hunting every time I see him. He only hunts on private property with no outsiders welcome. Hasn't responded to my overt hints at asking for help.

Sorry, I don't have time to acquiesce to rules such as yours. I'm lucky if I can carve out more than a couple days, let alone 5 just for prep. :shrug:

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    You can apply this to anything that takes people out of their comfort zone. People talk smack and then don't follow through. Same stuff in skydiving. Had about eight or ten people talking crap about going and one posted for the jump. How many military people on here have heard, "i was thinking about going into the military but...".

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Lol, I was hoping you were joking. I was as well.

My son and I took the hunters safety course 2 years ago. My uncle talks about hunting every time I see him. He only hunts on private property with no outsiders welcome. Hasn't responded to my overt hints at asking for help.

Sorry, I don't have time to acquiesce to rules such as yours. I'm lucky if I can carve out more than a couple days, let alone 5 just for prep. :shrug:
    I was continuing the joke. :D

From your house to my house would be at least an hour and a half. Add another hour and a half to get to the grounds. I rarely offer hunting to anybody. The 5 weekends thing is for those that ask me to take them hunting in WV. It is a one time thing for the 5 weekends, after that help out with the annual deer camp project and its all good.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Don't lump me in with the known hunter category! The wifey's work schedule and my schedule kinda made it impossible!

BTW, when do you want to make the run out west for some trigger time?

Nope, you're fine. Wasn't even thinking of you. That was a one time thing.:)

Trigger time will have to wait til end of Feb beginning of March.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom