• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MSCSMD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 11, 2014
    got disapproved because i allegedly didn't put my state in the e-form. I suspect their sketchy system is the real culprit. Called the main number and got no love. They told me to re-submit the entire thing on paper and go back to the bottom of the stack. Anyone have contact info for this guy or any other contact info I could try?

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
      ScreenShot001.jpg
      9.1 KB · Views: 169

MSCSMD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 11, 2014
    Told me to re-file on paper and include a note begging not to be put back at the bottom. yeah.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Told me to re-file on paper and include a note begging not to be put back at the bottom. yeah.

I would write a letter with it addressed to Jason. I would state that you have made the CORRECTIONS and here is the update form. Like Jim said, include a copy. It should get routed directly to him. He might treat it like a new submission but maybe he will just finish processing it for you like it was just a correction rather than a resubmission... I don't see how it could hurt you much doing it that way.

GOOD LUCK! That sucks!

Also, in the picture you have above, why did he sign in the "approved" box if it was disapproved?

MSCSMD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 11, 2014
    I asked him how to address it and he just said ATF NFA branch. Do you think it is a good idea to address it to him? do you think he would get it? First time down this road.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I asked him how to address it and he just said ATF NFA branch. Do you think it is a good idea to address it to him? do you think he would get it? First time down this road.

I'd do exactly as he asked. I'd bet the NFA branch gets a ton of folks trying to find their way to the front of the line for lots of reasons. Play by their rules and be as kind and patient as possible when dealing with them and you'll get their best service.

-Jim

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    The Approved box isn't checked, the Disapproved is, just out of the picture. Signature goes in the same place for both.

-Jim

Yeah that makes sense! ;)

Look man, if it were me I think it would be worth a shot. If you just resubmit, you know you are screwed. If you send it back to him, worst case I see is that he kicks it back to the bottom of the new submission pile... in which case maybe you lose what another week of time while the paperwork gets shifted to him and back??? However he might just finish processing it for you and you save months. Or he puts it the bottom of his person pile and not the main pile, in which case you probably save months. Or maybe he adds it back to the main pile and puts you close to the top rather than at the bottom... who knows. I think the benefits outweigh the risk however I certainly can't say for sure... Maybe others have some better ideas?

Oh and to clarify, yes address to envelope the ATF branch like you were told. Write the cover letter addressed to him. I think that it will probably get kicked to him if you do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom