• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    http://cvfc.org/

Several members have asked that we develop a more fire department related theme for Wordpress

They like these designs:

http://www.pvfc29.com/

http://www.lvfc.com/

I am going to contact the designer and see what they can do; but I'd like to see what other people can do and I want to reach out to pro-2a people.

I need to get prices in for the 2015 budget by Jan 15th.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    they have a sense of humor of there... I liked this entry.

December 13, 2014 - At 11:10 A.M. Engine 291 was dispatched to an auto accident were a car challenged a tree. The tree was victorious.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Yeah that website looks a little dated compared to the others.

It's a long back story. When I took over, the website was hosted in-house, mostly broken, unknown to search engines, and displaced the server IP when you visited the page. I remember when I was looking at vol. companies, CVFC didn't even turn up in a search engine.

We've been able to do some nice things with it, we are one of the only companies in Baltimore County to offer secure online applications, and we are also doing online references.

Those are things we don't want to loose, but we want a more FD-centric theme.

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    The guys at Mazuzu did my most recent website, they are based here in MD and do excellent work at a fair price. Below is one of my website's they just updated to see what kind of work they do. Let me know if you want their info.

www.stickynomore.com

tailboardtech

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2011
    upperco
    Congratulations on receiving rookie of the year

They will give anyone an award these days lol. Laird is the one that made 29 &30's site. Firehouse solutions is who we went with they allow you to do the online applications. I'm currently working on building the online app for ours. Our social media policy is actually pretty lax but still allows members to post things up the biggest thing is ours is set up so both the prez and chief have supreme authority to remove anything or review it. Even tho we never have had too

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I wish ours was a little more lax. We aren't allowed to post accident photos unless it made the local news.

I got refered to Laird and Firehouse solutions but I don't really want to reinvent the wheel, just reskin it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom