• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    As any man can attest crazy women can be the bane of one's existence.

However, if she did it to him before (and he was innocent), he only has himself to blame for more of the same (a zebra doesn't change it's stripes).

If this is a different lady than before. One has to ask themself is there a pattern here?

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    If this is a different lady than before. One has to ask themself is there a pattern here?

Two ways this can be a pattern:
    a. he is a wife-beater and just managed to get off the first time
    b. he has a habit of picking out borderline personality disordered wiminsfolk who turn on him in a heartbeat.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    There's likely a simple answer to this:

Batshit crazy.

We all know they are the best ones.......:shrug:

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Does the department issue drop guns?

That's where all the buyback pistols end up... In every law enforcement locker room there is a huge vending machine that vends throwdown pistols, Small bags of crack, weed and coke, To be used as needed.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    That's where all the buyback pistols end up... In every law enforcement locker room there is a huge vending machine that vends throwdown pistols, Small bags of crack, weed and coke, To be used as needed.

Do you have the ammo vending machine next to the gun machine? I would hate to see you guys throw down an unloaded gun?

:)

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Typical LEO thread. Great to read for jokes, and sniping, but man do these things get derailed quickly. Substance gone after the first few posts. I love reading them anyway for the entertainment :popcorn: Carry on. :D

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I read were there is a question of Personal Firearm -VS- Duty firearm.
    Aren't they one in the same? I THOUGHT that the firearm carried ON DUTY is the PERSONAL firearm of the officer?
    AS in the officer has to fill out the same paperwork every other citizen of Maryland fills out? Or does the Department actually OWN the gun and issue it to the officer?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I read were there is a question of Personal Firearm -VS- Duty firearm.
    Aren't they one in the same? I THOUGHT that the firearm carried ON DUTY is the PERSONAL firearm of the officer?
    AS in the officer has to fill out the same paperwork every other citizen of Maryland fills out? Or does the Department actually OWN the gun and issue it to the officer?

They are dept owned and issued pistols. Many depts allow personally owned firearms for off duty carry, but you have to qualify with it and it basically comes under the auspices of basically a "service weapon". And only if it is a brand,type and caliber on a list they decide you can carry for off duty. But they do not maintain or repair them for you.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    If the captain smacked her around... He gets his now.
    If he did not smack her around... I trust that she will get hers.

Personal firearms are normally removed from the home in domestic cases. NO MATTER WHAT THE ACCUSED DOES FOR A LIVING.

In recent cases some courts have allowed the removal to be done by a friend who stores the firearms where the accused does not have access to them.

It is a case by case and jurisdiction by jurisdiction matter.

And to those who are attempting to say that "...the Po Po will protect the Po Po and let them keep their firearms because they are the Po Po..." Blow your smoke from what ever you're toking on up someone else's chute. No LEO is going to risk the loss of their job/career/pay check just to protect another LEO who is involved in a domestic dispute. Domestic Violence Laws are Federal. And IIRC are the very first laws enacted with retroactive punishment that goes back to cases prior to the law change. One Police Sergeant that I know personally was forced to retire due to a twenty year old DV case where he took a PBJ. Federal law states that he can no longer own or carry a firearm. So here is another case when the LEO gets held to a higher standard than the non LEO. He lost his job because of the law. No one else would have had to find other employment.

Yeah I know... Some will get a nut because a Po Po lost his job for a 20 year old PBJ. Enjoy the moment... But, remember karma is a vengeful bitch.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    Sad information here.

I hope he is cleared completely and quickly or is guilty.

I have know a few guys charged with assault by vindictive soon to be ex wives and the charges were BS. The investigations dragged on and lives were ruined. :sad20:

Why would you hope that? Why wouldn't you prefer a thorough investigation to find out what happened, and if there is evidence that he committed a crime, a prosecution? Domestic violence is no joke, no matter who does it

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    A little story my sister came home one night drunk. Started laying into my BIL, she was loud and obnoxious and woke up my nephew. He went in to console the 2 year old, my sister took this as sign of disrespect, swung at my BIL and hit the child. My BIL shoved her out of his way to leave and both were arrested, my sister got to go home the next morning my BIL got spend a day in jail until it was found she was the assaulting party. DV are not always cut and dry.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Why would you hope that? Why wouldn't you prefer a thorough investigation to find out what happened, and if there is evidence that he committed a crime, a prosecution? Domestic violence is no joke, no matter who does it

I believe his point was that either way, guilty or innocent... Get it over with pronto. I did not see any indication that he thought it was a joke of any kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom