• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    The race for Sheriff in Baltimore County is a situation ripe for DINO action.

The incumbent, R. Jay Fisher, is no friend to gun rights and has a resume touting membership and awards to prove it. He supported FSA2013 and needs to find a new job.

The challenger in the Democratic Primary in June, Ray Boccelli, is a DINO himself, having switched from Republican to Democrat to hopefully improve his chances for election.

I recently asked about Boccelli's stance on the issue of the CSPOA - Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association "Mack Pledge" http://cspoa.org/sheriffs-gun-rights/

This was the response:

As a current law enforcement officer, and a retired Major in the United States Army, Ray has taken an oath to uphold and defend the United States Constitution.

Ray is a Constitutional candidate. He is a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, unlike the current Baltimore County Sheriff. If Ray was Sheriff now, he would have stood beside other Sheriffs in support of our Second Amendment rights last year. It's a shame that Sheriff Fisher doesn't care about the freedoms and liberties of the citizens when it comes to defending themselves.

You can count on Ray to support your right to keep and bear arms. Ray hopes he can count on your support, and the Second Amendment community's support as well.

The Sheriff race doesn't get nearly as much attention as the state and national contests, so this is a chance for a small shift in the voting to make a big difference.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    At any rate he has about zero say in how Baltimore County is policed or the policies of the county.

Since I'm not a single issue voter I wonder what he would actually change in the Sheriff Department if elected.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Can't hurt, but won't matter much. The biggest law enforcement functions that they perform are serving warrants and Circuit Court protection orders. Everything else is civil and security related.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    You're correct in that Boccelli's election wouldn't magically result in huge changes in policy for Baltimore County. This election is simply one more chance to replace an anti-gun incumbent with a pro-2A candidate.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    At any rate he has about zero say in how Baltimore County is policed or the policies of the county.

Since I'm not a single issue voter I wonder what he would actually change in the Sheriff Department if elected.

The Sheriff is still the CLEO. If the sheriff chooses to exercise their constitutional powers, he definitely has a say.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    This will be a great win for us. Even if there is no real difference in policies in the county, we can use it to show other law makers that we will oppose ANY non-2A candidate. It should help to open their eyes and maybe make some of them think twice before they vote on 2A legislation.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Outside of the 2A, what difference would this result in? It’s not like the county is overflowing with crime like the city is.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    In the past several months I have heard a lot more about violent crime in the county, particularly Randallstown and Parkville.

The Creeping Crud is moving out, it seems.

The Sheriff Department does little to no law enforcement in Baltimore County. It wouldn't matter. By county code and charter the Police Department is responsible for patrol functions.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I live in Parkville, and I can vouch for it's crudiness.

It's only a matter of time... Time...
    Before the Dundalk envelops the county...
    Time...

3r0onn.jpg

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    We need those who support and defend the constitution everywhere.

If they are driving trucks, performing surgery, filing payroll or anything else.

It is worth the fight.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    The Sheriff Department does little to no law enforcement in Baltimore County. It wouldn't matter. By county code and charter the Police Department is responsible for patrol functions.

Then what's the harm in electing these folks when the opportunity presents itself?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Then what's the harm in electing these folks when the opportunity presents itself?

This. The more pro-2A voices Annapolis hears, the more they will think about what they do. When you are surrounded by yes-men, you think you can do whatever you want......

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Yes, Parkville is the ghetto of Baltimore County. But it hasn't been as bad lately as it was last summer. Last summer there were helos flying over every night. Now it's like 3-4 times a week.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

There is no harm if you are a single issue voter.

But if he has little say in the actual enforcement of the law in Baltimore County wouldn't it make more sense to know where he stands on issues that he actually has control over?

Maybe I'm over thinking this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom