• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBossman1

Mar 11, 2009
    Kensington
    Yeah, yeah... I know, looks like an AR butt-****ed a Saiga, but if they are MD compliant and help get defensive "Carbines" into folks hands, thats not a bad thing.

My understanding is its a proprietary lower and bolt carrier; takes AR magazines and upper receivers. If they ever offer the "lower" and bolt carrier separately, I'd be down for one for sure.

I admit though, it would be far more interesting in .308...

http://www.aresdefense.com/?page_id=729

scr_zps397012e6.jpg

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah, yeah... I know, looks like an AR butt-****ed a Saiga, but if they are MD compliant and help get defensive "Carbines" into folks hands, thats not a bad thing.

My understanding is its a proprietary lower and bolt carrier; takes AR magazines and upper receivers. If they ever offer the "lower" and bolt carrier separately, I'd be down for one for sure.

I admit though, it would be far more interesting in .308...

http://www.aresdefense.com/?page_id=729

scr_zps397012e6.jpg

This makes me go a big rubbery one.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    LOL... so you're saying you don't have 500 on order?

Looking at that rifle make me feel like Im gonna have a stroke. It is an abortion, a freak, a birth defect. The result of a coupling between oppression and ingenuity when the two were never compatible to begin with. It makes me want to burn things.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Looking at that rifle make me feel like Im gonna have a stroke. It is an abortion, a freak, a birth defect. The result of a coupling between oppression and ingenuity when the two were never compatible to begin with. It makes me want to burn things.

Very true and it's just another example of why the current "Bans" on the AR platform rifles is stupid beyond belief. It proves its based only off of looks and not a single fact :sad20:

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD

Agreed, but it looks a whole lot better than THIS

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399382331.761694.jpg

And the Ares is probably NY compliant.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Oh, I don't know... it looks nice to me as a sort of fusion between a Mini-14 ranch rifle and an AR-15. The only two real defects the SCR has (magazine release too far forward and proprietary FCG) could be solved by after-market parts (thinking Odin Works XMR or similar for the mag release).

Kolholznik

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 16, 2014

:lol: You should be writing their advertising and promotional copy.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    I might want one, because of growing up on shotguns I've always more natural with that sort of set up but I love AR's so this seems like a cool mix.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    How does this work? Where is the buffer tube am I missing something?

That's what I'd like to see too. Anyone know or have a link that shows that? Ibanez320dx, I see your picture. Does that strut or whatever it's called at the rear of the BC engage a spring somewhere inside the stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom