• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    First name would be beneficial here, methinks.

If it's Tony Bennett to whom you refer, it's a hoax. I think. I read that on the Internet. It must be true. ;)

Tom Bennett .....Southern Md Firearms
    Somewhat of a legend in St. Mary's and one of the best gun shops in the area for years.
    I was wondering if this happened.
    The old shop has been vacant for a while.
    He was a Class III Dealer and Manufacturer all the way back into the 80s...way before many folks in the area even knew what that was.
    He was the go to guy for NFA items for local PD and Military for years..

Jul 1, 2012
    Thanks for posting the link. I only met him a few times and missed out on the NFA days; he is a local legend and will be missed.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Tom Bennett .....Southern Md Firearms
    Somewhat of a legend in St. Mary's and one of the best gun shops in the area for years.
    I was wondering if this happened.
    The old shop has been vacant for a while.
    He was a Class III Dealer and Manufacturer all the way back into the 80s...way before many folks in the area even knew what that was.
    He was the go to guy for NFA items for local PD and Military for years..

Damn. He was a neat old guy to talk to. I went in the shop for something several years ago and spent a good long time talking to him.

RIP :sad20:

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I met Tommy in 79 he had a very good sense of humor !! His old shop was well stocked with inventory. Bought my first 3 nfa weapons from him. He will be missed :-(

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    I bought 3 guns from Mr. Bennett. He was a good man and would do his best to get you what you wanted. I would stop by and talk with him everytime I went by his shop. The last time I saw him was around last spring he was sitting in the doorway to his office. He looked very frail and was on oxygen. He loved firearms and stuck with it as long as he could. He will be missed!

PIT BULL

Mar 5, 2013
    REST IN PEACE Mr. Bennett. Thanks for all the deals and conversations over the years.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    May he rest in peace. I meet him when trying to advertise training courses in Southern Maryland. He was very encouraging when I first got started and even offered his shop for classes.

He will be missed.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Just heard this evening. He passed a few days ago. Good man!

Yep, will miss him.

Sad walking into that dark, empty store toward the end. He gave away thousands of NRA targets over the decades. Still have a bunch. Think I'll pin a few up and give the old man a 21-round salute.

RIP, Mr. Bennett.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I used to ride my bicycle from the hollywood side of Mcintosh road to see him. Dad used to take me down with him and i would get sent out of there so full of huggies and honey buns i was sick to my stomach. I always wondered if his grand kids had diabetes...lol

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Damn. Sad news to hear. Some of my earliest memories of my childhood and guns are going in there with my dad on the weekends just to shoot the sh*t. RIP Tommy.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Knew his son Dave for many years before I met him. Did a transfer for me once where UPS screwed things up and it took several weeks to get from Pennsylvania to his shop, not his fault at all but he didn't charge me for it cause he was sorry it took so long. RIP Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom