Have you seen what is happening in Missouri?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Anyone can introduce a bill for any reason.

I thought I read this bill was introduced last year.

These bills are good though, but we need to play them correctly.

These bills are what we use when Democrats say "no one is trying to take your guns"

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Hoo boy, we got some special here....since I'm living here in Missouri, some insight for y'all.

DINOs are not the answer to Missouri's alleged problem here. This is just like Feinstein's annual anti-gun bill, almost reads the same word-for-word. Someone is trying to justify their job by submitting a bill that has no chance of passing. That way they can say "I'm trying to save the children!" when reelection rolls around.

BTW, if you think Democrats are the problem, look up TJ McKenna. When the bill to nullify federal firearm laws came up in Missouri, he voted for it.

Last edited:

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    The liberal strategy is to throw a huge number of shitty gun laws against the wall and hope one sticks. There are so many anti-gun bills in all states being introduced, it's hard to keep on top of them all. Kinda like being on a boat that keeps springing leaks. You only have so many hands and only so much duct tape. But all this is in the name of public safety, so we will save the kids

Jul 23, 2013
    I was watching a few gun control debates on you tube last night when I came across a Texas politician that struck a chord. By in large the legal gun owning population are the most law abiding citizens this country but yet some politicians just don't get it.....

Pardon the captain obvious but you don't make the country safer by targeting law abiding citizens, you do it by being tough on criminals that pursue their deeds using weapons. The problem in Annapolis and around the country is the same ilk that is for gun control wilts at the thought of being tough on crime, capital punishment and so on.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    I just received this from the "Front Sight" organization about a bill (SB 613) that recently was passed by the Missouri Senate 23-10, that seeks to nullify virtually every gun control measure on the books. This pretty much contradicts the other measure.

http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/2014/03/01/front-sight-blog-show-state-showing-us-way/

Actually, no it wouldn't. SB613 seeks to nullify federal firearm laws. HB545 would enact a state law.

Neither will pass. Missouri likes federal money and firearms.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I almost relocated to STL several years ago and may yet still.
    Bravo, MO!

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Actually, no it wouldn't. SB613 seeks to nullify federal firearm laws. HB545 would enact a state law.
    Neither will pass. Missouri likes federal money and firearms.
    I must be reading SB613 differently than you are. It....
    ....declares as invalid all federal laws that infringe on the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution....
    We'll have to see what actually becomes law there, but I think the intent of the bill's authors/supporters is pretty clear.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I must be reading SB613 differently than you are. It....

We'll have to see what actually becomes law there, but I think the intent of the bill's authors/supporters is pretty clear.

yes, you are reading it differently....or understanding it differently at least.

Taurus85

Jun 25, 2011
    Rosedale, MD
    Fred333: I read SB-633 the same as you do. SB-613 declares all Federal Laws that infringe on the right to Bear Arms under the 2nd Amendment INVALED. SB-613 declares that it is the duty of the Courts and Law enforcement agenciesto protect the right of Law-Abiding Citizensto Keeep and Bear Arms. How can you read it different? Missouri State Senator Brian Neives is Republican and the sponsor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom