• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I have to raise a few dollars so thinking of selling one of my 7.62x39 rifles. Now that I know it's legal to put a folder I have on my Mini 30 the choice is harder. Either my Mini 30 or my VZ 2008. Both are NIB and I have ample high cap mags for both. So which would you guys sell? I'm leaning toward the VZ as I think the Ruger is probably a better gun.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You do know that you cannot sell the mags in MD?

Or even offer them for sale.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Sell both, buy a Czechpoint vz58?

Careful. They are different now. I saw a new CSA one come out of the box at a shop last week and they no longer come w/ the orig barrels w/ a pinned extension. Its now >16" w/ a removable muzzle nut. Though the bbl did still appear chrome lined. Also painted black now instead of the orig grey.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Careful. They are different now. I saw a new CSA one come out of the box at a shop last week and they no longer come w/ the orig barrels w/ a pinned extension. Its now >16" w/ a removable muzzle nut. Though the bbl did still appear chrome lined. Also painted black now instead of the orig grey.
    As long as the barrels are the same quality, I'd call that a bit of an improvement.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I say neither - raise money another way. Everyone I have know that has sold any of their rifles has (with rare exception) regretted it.
    I've sold a fair number of guns, and have not regretted it. Not every gun makes sense forever, not every purchase was a good decision, and no one has infinite room in their safe(s). The OP is not talking about selling stuff that's hard to replace or even out of production, either.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've sold a fair number of guns, and have not regretted it. Not every gun makes sense forever, not every purchase was a good decision, and no one has infinite room in their safe(s). The OP is not talking about selling stuff that's hard to replace or even out of production, either.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've recently sold every C&R rifle I owned, along with a few AR uppers.

If there's no sentimental attachment, or it's something that can't be rebuilt/replaced at a later date - it can and will be sold if need be.

**Hell, I almost sold my favorite upper and all it's reloading components - until I remembered how much I enjoy shooting it. :D

Feb 28, 2013
    Sell both, buy a Czechpoint vz58?

No bayonet lug either on the Czechpoints.

thai

May 8, 2013

Can never bare to sell any of my firearms. If I out grow my safe, I will just have to upgrade to a larger one. All my firearms have sentimental value. They are all purchased new, so I got to be the first to shoot them. I want to be able to pass them down to my son and daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom