• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Filled and sent the paperwork in . ATF has taken their cut . Just received a call from the Sherrifs department. That he has ran a background check and has signed the paperwork . Didn't think he had to sign it or return it.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I didn't think the local LEO did either. I thought they only filed paperwork if they objected to issuance of the license.

You are only required to notify the CLEO.

ain't going to argue with him :D as he had his staff call me to say he signed it . This is only the 2nd business day he could have it and a major storm on its way tells me he is Our friend

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Congrats. Be sure to call your bank and let them know there will be a large number of big withdrawals in the next few months and it's OK. Buy a new safe too. It won't be big enough. :D

Start here for big fireballs: https://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=23670
    Or here for cheap ammo: https://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=23747

Where are you? Your Sheriff is confused, but not a big deal so long as he didn't send anything to the ATF saying he doesn't like you. In Harford Cownty I just sent the app to the Sheriff with a letter saying "no action is required" and never heard a thing.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Your local LEO doesn't have to run a check or sign anything, but he's also entitled to run a check on you if he wants. Sounds like a good guy who's trying to help, but doesn't know the process. That's fine!

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Congrats. Be sure to call your bank and let them know there will be a large number of big withdrawals in the next few months and it's OK. Buy a new safe too. It won't be big enough. :D

Start here for big fireballs: https://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=23670
    Or here for cheap ammo: https://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=23747

Where are you? Your Sheriff is confused, but not a big deal so long as he didn't send anything to the ATF saying he doesn't like you. In Harford Cownty I just sent the app to the Sheriff with a letter saying "no action is required" and never heard a thing.

Your local LEO doesn't have to run a check or sign anything, but he's also entitled to run a check on you if he wants. Sounds like a good guy who's trying to help, but doesn't know the process. That's fine!

I'm in Cecil County , this is his first term and maybe his first c and r app :) he went overboard but did it within 2 business days which speaks volumes to me on his 2a stance I did include a letter stating nothing need to be done and this is for you records . My wallet has stopped talking to me since I mailed my app in :)

treadhead88

Panzerfahrer
    Jun 20, 2009
    Cecil Co.
    Glad it worked out well for you!!

I've had my C & R for over 15 years and was always instructed to send the copy to the MSP licensing division. I started in Baltimore City (unfortunately) moved to Harford County and then Cecil County, always sent renewals and updates to MSP.
    When I first applied, I actually went to the City Northeast Precinct, and they had no idea what it was or what to do with it, they referred me to the MSP, and I just went with it.
    Just my 2 pennies.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Anyone find it funny that Frogman68 said he "Took the leap"? Or am I the only one with a demented sense of humor? :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Jim Smith

mroe21877

Nov 5, 2014
    I just sent mine in as well and my copy to the Cecil sheriff with a short note. I suppose I'll be hearing from them.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I just sent mine in as well and my copy to the Cecil sheriff with a short note. I suppose I'll be hearing from them.

should of done it a week earlier Oaks is coming up :D . Congrats it's a great feeling walking in a gun shop and walking out a few minutes later

If you have the same experience as most of us, you'll never hear a word from the sheriff. Not sure what happened with the OP.

Since the Sheriff is new he didn't know what to do and took an extra step . It didn't hurt anything and got it in 4 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom