• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I know and likely should appeal, but the fact is as employee while carrying business property in the form of the keys to the shop I'm always covered, in theory. The problem is I'm typically always at, going to, or coming from work anyway.

And even when you are not doing the above mentioned activities, you are still known as an employee of said business. You're identity is not left behind when you are off "duty".

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    It may have been May 13 now that I'm thinking about it more clearly, I honestly just sent it and forgot until I had my in person interview.

My restrictions are below. I asked for Business Property to be included if they gave me restrictions so as to cover ammunition, silencers (not firearms under MD law), etc.

While actively involved in financial business transactions

I have no idea what the heck that really means. Is meeting a client to close a deal a financial business transaction? Is going to a client's office to pickup equipment to repair? How about then delivering it back? How about on the phone in a shopping mall eatery getting credit card numbers from clients making payments?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I have no idea what the heck that really means. Is meeting a client to close a deal a financial business transaction? Is going to a client's office to pickup equipment to repair? How about then delivering it back? How about on the phone in a shopping mall eatery getting credit card numbers from clients making payments?
    All of the above count according to Sgt. Knaub, he'll just never put it in writing for you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    All of the above count according to Sgt. Knaub, he'll just never put it in writing for you.

It's really in insane. I guess the only people that understand self employed do not compartmentalize their earning from 9-5 Mon-Fri , are other self employed.

I call my wife the 24/7 architect. Half the clients she has (contractors) are the same.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It's really in insane. I guess the only people that understand self employed do not compartmentalize their earning from 9-5 Mon-Fri , are other self employed.

I call my wife the 24/7 architect. Half the clients she has (contractors) are the same.

The trouble with the whole system is that all of the people who grant you permission to exercise your Constitutional, civil and natural right never worked at a real job a day in their lives. Except the HPRB members. Which is why they should be on our side.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    The trouble with the whole system is that all of the people who grant you permission to exercise your Constitutional, civil and natural right never worked at a real job a day in their lives. Except the HPRB members. Which is why they should be on our side.

true, but they wont be there if you are arrested for " carrying outside your permit".

I hope this to will change.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    true, but they wont be there if you are arrested for " carrying outside your permit".

I hope this to will change.

You hope they will be there when you are arrested for carrying outside your permit? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry, I had to ... :lol2:

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Nate, it's actually good that you posted your restrictions and that while not the best scenario, they accepted your request on the restriction. Someone actually LOOKED and made a decision outside of the rubber stamp template that they use. That is actually some progress there that we have not seen before.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    My permits states the following, "Valid only when conducting business activities as a Licensed Real Estate Agent. (MD ONLY) Not valid where firearms are prohibited."

No mention of financial transactions or to/from residence.

Raginrog

Apr 6, 2015
    AA county
    So nothing has changed. With all the murders in the city I completely agree. Only territorial drug dealers and gangs should be permitted to have guns. :rolleyes:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    My permits states the following, "Valid only when conducting business activities as a Licensed Real Estate Agent. (MD ONLY) Not valid where firearms are prohibited."

No mention of financial transactions or to/from residence.
    The problem with any restriction is that it is subject to interpretation. Some local small town cop might read that restriction and think you can only carry when showing a house and not when coming home from showing one. By the time Knaub is reachable on Monday morning your freedom has been gone for 48 hours. I sure hope you guys are right about the HPRB.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The problem with any restriction is that it is subject to interpretation. Some local small town cop might read that restriction and think you can only carry when showing a house and not when coming home from showing one. By the time Knaub is reachable on Monday morning your freedom has been gone for 48 hours. I sure hope you guys are right about the HPRB.

Exactly! Scottie is to beam you the weapon when you arrive at the house, then you beam it back when you are done. Next time I get a seat belt ticket I'll explain I was going to put it on right before the accident.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

I agree and I completely understand. I am just showing that my verbiage is different that the normal verbiage that has been rubber stamped prior.

I agree that it is ambiguous. That is why I have an appeal pending.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I agree and I completely understand. I am just showing that my verbiage is different that the normal verbiage that has been rubber stamped prior.

I agree that it is ambiguous. That is why I have an appeal pending.

:eek:

For real? Does that go to the Reisterstown tribunal? That one I'm penciling in.

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    For everyone who wanted to be involved in this group submission, I suggest paying close attention to the threads following the HPRB, and to start getting any prerequisite training done. I'm not one for jumping on a hype-train from a single night, but it is most certainly something to keep an eye on and may soon present the best opportunity to do a large group submission.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Just FYI we have Wear and Carry Permit Training classes in October, and December: www.ddctraining.net

If it looks like these developments will increase demand we will add course dates.

EDIT: just note that our Basic and Advanced Reactive Gunfighting - Handgun courses do count towards Carry Permit Training hours. Contact us for more info on this if interested.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Just FYI we have Wear and Carry Permit Training classes in October, and December: www.ddctraining.net

If it looks like these developments will increase demand we will add course dates.

EDIT: just note that our Basic and Advanced Reactive Gunfighting - Handgun courses do count towards Carry Permit Training hours. Contact us for more info on this if interested.
    Anything in September?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom