Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      37.5 KB · Views: 266

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    First time shooter. ( my daughter with a g34/ff3 , 3 moa dot at 15-25 yards. Unsupported, modified isosceles stance, competition grip )

It does not get any better than this .

After a while. She shoots the same with the sight turned off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      90.4 KB · Views: 260

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    First time shooter. ( my daughter with a g34/ff3 , 3 moa dot at 15-25 yards. Unsupported, modified isosceles stance, competition grip )

It does not get any better than this .

After a while. She shoots the same with the sight turned off.

Hell yeah! Great work!

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Like kevp stated earlier.. these are great training tools. Instant feed back on your shooting style.

If they can only incorporate aim points acet technology on the micro RDS. It would be perfect for the combat pistol. I do agree that this is the future of handguns. At least for duty use.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I saw a G34 MOS today and thought it was a really nice looking gun. The shop employee said that he didn't think you could co-witness with the way they were set up and he therefore disliked the concept. His personal carry gun was a G19 with a milled slide and a Trijcon red dot of some kind.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I don't have an MOS yet.. but if you want to take my glocks for a spin, let me know. See if you like the concept before you drop big bucks on it.

dunteachin

Jan 26, 2011
    Harford County, MD
    Just picked up today, G34 MOS Gen 4.

Installed Trijicon Supressor HD Night Sights, and RMR05G 9.0 MOA.

Haven't zeroed yet, but pretty close to a co-witness in the one picture.

I haven't had a full size Glock 9MM in some time, so I am looking forward to shooting at the range very soon.

Attachments

• 20150620_172328.jpg
      20150620_172328.jpg
      71.3 KB · Views: 184
    • 20150620_172521.jpg
      20150620_172521.jpg
      62.9 KB · Views: 183

dunteachin

Jan 26, 2011
    Harford County, MD
    I saw a G34 MOS today and thought it was a really nice looking gun. The shop employee said that he didn't think you could co-witness with the way they were set up and he therefore disliked the concept. His personal carry gun was a G19 with a milled slide and a Trijcon red dot of some kind.

If you install suppressor height sights you should be fine. Check out my G34 picture.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    I just picked up a Glock Gen 4 34 MOS; have a Trijicon RMR07 6.5 MOA adj....will give u a range report soon. BTW, needed to order the install kit from Trijicon to get the correct screws necessary to mount the sight (Glock kit did not fit this application).

dunteachin

Jan 26, 2011
    Harford County, MD
    I just picked up a Glock Gen 4 34 MOS; have a Trijicon RMR07 6.5 MOA adj....will give u a range report soon. BTW, needed to order the install kit from Trijicon to get the correct screws necessary to mount the sight (Glock kit did not fit this application).
    Yes, the Glock screws aren't long enough and the Trijicon screws are too long. I didn't want to wait so I filed down the screws to the correct height, a PITA, but finally worked. Careful when installing the plate adapter, I think I might have stripped one of the hex screws, but it'll never be disassembled so no big deal.

Good luck with yours, looking forward to your range report so I can compare with my experience.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I have a number of guns with red dots including a G34 Gen 3 w/ 6.5 MOA RMR and a custom milled slide. What Jerry says is the gospel. You have to get your own body in sync with your movements so you get the consistency you need. I firmly believe that for most people they can get a decent first shot off quicker with iron sights verses a red dot. However in most cases I believe that is because they tend to point shoot the first round with open sights and with a red dot they tend to try and line it up. Once you get the knack of point shooting the red dot you find that it will be as fast initially and will give you better accuracy and speed for the rest of the string. At the MPC Bowling pin match earlier today one of our best shooters, using an RMR mounted Glock 35 shot a 2.85 second run on 5 pins. That was the day/night version of the RMR not the LED type either. Even the guys with the older 1911 race guns with big red dots can not match that. And yes a bigger dot window or a frame mounted optic can keep the dot inside the window for faster followup shots. But it is still possible to shoot a slide mounted optic really fast. Personally I am not a big fan of tube type red dot optics and I group the Aimpoints in that list also. They tend to be slower than reflex type sights, regardless of what my friend BJ Norris thinks. He used to put Aimpoint Micros on all his competition guns because that is what he started out using. But now he's using some other optics also. Lately he has gone to anything that he has found is faster than what he was using before, be it guns or optics. If you have trouble keeping the dot visible between shots you need to make sure your hands are set so that the gun returns to the exact same position. Your hands job is not to try and muscle the gun to reduce recoil because that leads to pushing the gun down and shots going low. You just want the gun to return to the exact point where you were looking thru it at the dot. That usually requires perfecting your grip. Sometimes that might require a change in ammo characteristics to get a different recoil and muzzle flip movement. I find I get faster followup shots using 147g 9mm than I do with 115g ammo with both the G17 and the G34 (except in the open division setup with the ported barrel).
    Almost everything bad can be instructed out if done properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom