• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Looks like they're trying to pull a Spyderco? Made in China crap isn't going to help them in that quest, unfortunately. Would like to see what they come up with next.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I bought all three of these knives shown in this video, just like the guy making the video. Why? Because they are all so inexpensive and I wanted to give them a fair review. I paid less than $100 - for all three of these knives, delivered!

After using these knives for the last several weeks (EDC), I can say I wholeheartedly do recommend them. I've shown them off to a few gun guys, and most are astonished at the price. My guess is that Lansky is doing this to get them in the hands of a lot of people. Yes, they are being produced in China, and use 440c (except for the large/more expensive one); so this keeps the price way down. But I can personally attest these are very well made knives, actually over built; here's an excellent review.

Lansky-Sharpeners-Responder-X9-Urban-Tactical-Knife-600x384.1421393086.jpg

I've traveled to many countries and have never had an issue with a normal (non switch-blade) knife, so how important is the 'world legal' model I don't know. Because of the blade design I would not suggest stabbing into anything with it, as the ergonomics seems to want to force the blade to close on the users hand. By design there is no locking mechanism, and it does require two hands to open and close the knife; this is to ensure it complies with the widest knife laws internationally. Because most states in the US do not have a prohibition against locks (which make the knives safer), I do not recommend this version. But hey at this price (about $30) why not?

LKN333-header.jpg

I personally like the Mikkel Willumsen designs and these do not disappoint. I can not afford his custom knives and look hardest at everyday working tools. For a really good quality knife with great steel and ergos, I have purchased a few over $100, but that's really rare, and since now I have these for a fraction of those prices; I see no reason to pay more unless you are a collector (I'm not), or if you need something very specific/specialty tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom