Is the Bulgarian Makarov PM legal in MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KPSpeller

Aug 28, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    I have a 1962 East German Makarov and it is sweet. It shoots better than my Glock 27 and feels perfectly natural in my hand. I did swap out the bakalite grips for ruber pearson grips but that is because it is a shooter not a display. It does take a little getting used to that saftey/de-cocker but that is what makes it a Makarov.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I have a 1962 East German Makarov and it is sweet. It shoots better than my Glock 27 and feels perfectly natural in my hand. I did swap out the bakalite grips for ruber pearson grips but that is because it is a shooter not a display. It does take a little getting used to that saftey/de-cocker but that is what makes it a Makarov.

I have an East German Makarov as well and love shooting it. I bought the Pearson grips but could not bring myself to change the classic original look and feel.

I've been thinking about getting a Bulgarian or Russsian to really shoot and maybe replacing the grips on it with the Pearson grips.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Thanks for all the info...I went ahead and picked up both a Bulgarian and Russian Makarov.

Very Cool. I have an East German and was thinking about picking up a Bulgarian and a Russian. Or at least the Bulgarian since my Dad has the Russian model and I can always shoot it if I want to.

You got these off gun broker, right?

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Very Cool. I have an East German and was thinking about picking up a Bulgarian and a Russian. Or at least the Bulgarian since my Dad has the Russian model and I can always shoot it if I want to.

You got these off gun broker, right?

Actually, I just picked up a second Baikal Russian Makarov, so now I will have three - picked up the Bulgarian and one of the Russian Makarovs on gunbroker, and the second Russian Makarov on gunauction.com. I went a little crazy after reading up on the Makarov round and also ended up with a CZ 82, a Polish P64 and a Hungarian PA-63. Did the paperwork today on one Russian Mak, the P64 and the CZ 82 so I've only seen my purchases for a few minutes - the other guns haven't come in yet.

BTW, there is a website that sells a replacement fixed rear sight to replace the somewhat fragile (as I've read) adjustable rear sight required on the Russian Maks - the Bulgarian Maks come with a fixed rear sight. I ordered two of those for my Ruskies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom