• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ebxgsxr

Apr 3, 2011
    near BWI
    has anyone been recently? i searched reviews & some reviews were the same as i remember when i used to go there. just wondering if anyone has been recently to advise if things were different then i remember.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I know of at least one change. You can now use your cell phone in the lobby. I was there when my phone rang and Wayne informed me that they upgraded their security system in the lobby. He them promptly told me that it cannot be used in the range area because it is too costly for them to upgrade the system in there. He then proceeded to tell me how just recently some people set off the alarms by using their cell phones. YMMV.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    OH NO! Not another select fire thread!

IBTL

And to be productive. No I have not been there recently.
    To many other local choices then to deal with them.
    And I am literally 2 miles from them. I will go to On Target or AGC.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    I know of at least one change. You can now use your cell phone in the lobby. I was there when my phone rang and Wayne informed me that they upgraded their security system in the lobby. He them promptly told me that it cannot be used in the range area because it is too costly for them to upgrade the system in there. He then proceeded to tell me how just recently some people set off the alarms by using their cell phones. YMMV.

Okay. Admittedly, I don't do "alarm systems". But I'm familiar with the technology - as much of it "crosses over" into my industry.

How does a cell phone interfere with an alarm system?

BTW - the term "security system" when referring to an "alarm system" is a misnomer. "ALARM systems" DO NOT provide any "security". They just let you know when your security has been breached. "Security" is proactive. An "alarm" is reactive.

(Sorry folks. "Pet peeve" of mine.)
    :)

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    How does a cell phone interfere with an alarm system?

They don't, it's BS. Nor do they interfere with medical equipment or airplanes.

It's just a feel good way of saying GTF off the phone in here.

ERIC S NOEL

Jun 14, 2010
    huntingtown Md
    The old Nextel Direct connect did jack up security & fire alarm systems at the hospital I worked at. You could hear incoming calls to the phone through the f/a speakers.

giggity

Nov 8, 2013
    I've been to select fire a few times recently. Most of the time the guy working there is rude and almost acts as if I'm bugging him for wanting to use the range. It hasn't seem to change at all. I'd go some where else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom