• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I F@cking Hate This State! How in the world are they going to come down on pre-banned lowers! Maryland has gone too far...This is not my original state and it will not be where I live out the rest of my life. This is what happens when liberals control things!!:mad54:

Beat me to it...

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Still have to make sense of the OP's recent state-level approvals though...

It's definitely possible there's still some fed/state miscommunication. I mean you have an examiner asking ELCAM for info...

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I F@cking Hate This State! How in the world are they going to come down on pre-banned lowers! Maryland has gone too far...This is not my original state and it will not be where I live out the rest of my life. This is what happens when liberals control things!!:mad54:

Really; Now it has? MD went to far 20+ years ago. :o

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I just don't understand all this stuff (I don't have a NFA 'stuff').

What is the differences betwee the OP and Blueclawz???

Blueclawz

Bottom Feeder
    Jun 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    No difference - other than my stamp was being examined AFTER the 3/20/2014 Advisory published by MSP Licensing Division.

Which makes me ponder the questions;

- When did MSP Licensing Division begin writing, enacting and governing STATE law?
    - When did the BATF/NFA begin looking to the individual states for guidance on approvals?
    - If MD recognizes LEGAL & APPROVED ownership of NFA items, then why is there any further discussion needed? MD has always recognized the Federal governments licensing authority concerning NFA items.....so if you recognize them why are you developing rules for them when you collect neither the tax nor process the application?

What this all sounds like is a bunch of people stepping way outside of their jurisdiction, and area of expertise just to make a statement. We all knew MSP Licensing Division was overstepping the authority of the AG y creating specific features and rules.....and even on 3/20/14 by creating a memo which for all intents and purposes is not worth the paper its printed on - If you say that NFA can authorize an item, then you don't get to choose the features that you don't like. You cannot half pay the tax, or half build the firearm. Now, with this latest chapter....the NFA has decided or at least TED CLUTTER of NFA branch has decided that he wants to interpret the law and introduce his own opinion into the mix...which amounts to requesting memos and documents in response to the 3/20/14 advisory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom