• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ELCAM

Dec 17, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    http://www.guntrustlawyer.com

Final action on 41P not expected until 6/2014
    While ATF could change what is published, they have updated their Unified Agenda Statement for 41P to show that Final Action is not expected until June of 2014.

This date could continue to roll forward overtime and with enough political they can even moved up the date. The June date should be thought of a target date that may or may not change as we get closer to it. You might think of it like "average life expectancy". You could die sooner, you could life to the exact average, or you could live many years longer than the average. Also it is important to remember that just be cause we hit an implementation date does not give us any better idea of what may be implemented.

This is good news for those of you wanting to purchase items or form a Gun Trust prior to any implementation of new rules or regulations. There is still no word on what ATF is expected to do in June.

If you do not have a Gun Trust yet, now is the time to get one by requesting more information on the contact form on this page.

Posted by David M. Goldman | Permalink | Email This Post

Posted In: ATF / BATFE

duck2621

Sep 4, 2013
    This is good news. I've been putting off getting my trust because I was unsure when they would be starting the new rule (if any). I think I'll be getting my trust done soon now.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Still glad I busted balls to get mine done earlier this fall. Good to know at least a .22 can should be addable to the list of stuff I have at NFA branch awaiting approval before the rule change could possibly take effect.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I'm glad to read this. I'm buying my first suppressor after the first of the year, and I live in Alexandria where the CLEO wont sign off on form 4s - so a trust is my only avenue. Looks like I will need to add my 9mm and .22 cans and an SBR to the list of early 2014 expenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom