• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    Looking at busting my nfa cherry this weekend. I think I've decided on the swr trident 9. Any reason I shouldn't get this one? Anyone have experience with it? Any recommendations on this would be appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    Just picked up my Silencerco Osprey last week. (11 month ATFE wait) Put about 60 rounds through it so far. It's a little noisier than expected. Using it on a G17. Does anyone know if subsonic 9mm is readily available? Have not looked real hard yet.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Yep 147 grain is good to go. If you're close I'll trade you a box or two so you can see the full benefit of your can. It's a considerable difference

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I've got a Trident 9. Very nice can, but as others have noted, they are out of production. The SilencerCo Octane 9 is essentially, the upgraded replacement for the Trident 9. Full auto rated and user serviceable. I like that option over the Osprey, but that's just me. Many others are very happy with their Opreys.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    May want to consider a .45 can. Would let you shoot 9mm, .40, and .45 that way. .45 is nice since almost anything you buy for it will be sub sonic unlike 9mm which takes some hunting these days.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    You should look at the Octane 9HD II. User serviceable and will allow you to shoot 9, .22, and 300 blackout.

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    Not to hi jack this thread, but I found the gemtech multimount to be comprable. Any input?

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    Is the only difference between the octane 9 and octane 9 hd 2 is the size?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Just picked up my Silencerco Osprey last week. (11 month ATFE wait) Put about 60 rounds through it so far. It's a little noisier than expected. Using it on a G17. Does anyone know if subsonic 9mm is readily available? Have not looked real hard yet.

I stock subsonic 9mm.

Boonie Hat

Jan 2, 2013
    Baltimore County, MD, USA
    I have a trident 9 that I picked up a few weeks ago from NFA purgatory. I love it, but it's not user serviceable. Not a huge concern since I'm not going to run thousands of rounds. You can still source mounts for it if you look hard enough. Otherwise silencerco will service it if you require it. I have even heard that if you wear it out, they'll replace it with a discounted octane.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I have a trident 9 that I picked up a few weeks ago from NFA purgatory. I love it, but it's not user serviceable. Not a huge concern since I'm not going to run thousands of rounds.

I've run thousands of rounds through mine in semi and full auto. Have fun and get your money's worth out of that can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom