• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It's a long shot, but do any of our members do custom blinds or work for a company that does? As always, I prefer to give MDS members a shot at the work first.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Before I pay Next Day Blinds a good chunk of cash, I'll bump this one more time.

CorpsmanUp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 19, 2010
    St Mary's County
    Look at Lowe's.

We used next-day for the upstairs of our house after it was built. Cost an arm and a leg.

Decided to look and see what Lowe's offered. Materials were just as good. They also installed them.

Also was able to get a Vet's discount.

Saved a bunch of money going that route.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Hey

I used to work for a custom widow treatment place or two. I have used Select blinds. I'm not sure of the price comparison with the other companies but am satisfied with the product. They have mini blinds and all types of shades. I have gotten both and they did well with all three of my orders. I like the double pleated shades that can be raised and lowered from the top or bottom. They will send free samples of the colors you are shopping for also. Installation is fairly simple, a small drill if the window sash/ moulding is brittle and wants to crack and a screwdriver.

watts

Jun 17, 2013
    moco
    I used to work for a custom widow treatment place or two. I have used Select blinds. I'm not sure of the price comparison with the other companies but am satisfied with the product. They have mini blinds and all types of shades. I have gotten both and they did well with all three of my orders. I like the double pleated shades that can be raised and lowered from the top or bottom. They will send free samples of the colors you are shopping for also. Installation is fairly simple, a small drill if the window sash/ moulding is brittle and wants to crack and a screwdriver.

+1 for Selectblinds.com. If there isn't a member you're going to go through, I would recommend using them. Their prices are way cheaper than Next Day Blinds and if you can wait to buy, they always do a buy 3, get 1 free at just about every holiday and they do free shipping. While renovating my house, I spread out the blind purchases over several holidays to get their deals.

SSDD

Dec 18, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    +1 for Selectblinds.com. If there isn't a member you're going to go through, I would recommend using them. Their prices are way cheaper than Next Day Blinds and if you can wait to buy, they always do a buy 3, get 1 free at just about every holiday and they do free shipping. While renovating my house, I spread out the blind purchases over several holidays to get their deals.

+2. As watts said, they run a buy 3 get 1 free on anything sale about every month now. They have been running a buy 3 get 1 free 'on select products' often as well, but that seems to only be on limited high end products. Also the 30% off 'sale' runs basically every day. The highest I've seen that is 35% in the last year, so as long as you catch the 30% you're good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom