• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    FWIW, I have a Wilson Combat 3-gun trigger that has a light and ultra short reset. Can run REALLY fast rates w/ it - in the same league as the tapcon. There is no comparison between it and the bumpski stock on my AK for faux-auto (Disclaimer: I have a $50 ALG trigger in it which is lightyears better than a stock AK trigger.) Anyone can make the bumpski run like a champ in less than a mag. Pulling a trigger rapidly takes FAR more training and really still feels just like firing a semi-auto quickly because thats all it is. The bumpski gets huge grins when I bring it out - no fine motor control required. I have real FA toys to compare against.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    While not in the same league as the Tac-Con, I have a Geissele super dynamic three gun that is pretty fast. I can put a .22lr upper on it and a slide fire stock and bumpfire like crazy. Hard to do that with ordinary triggers, no prob at all for SD3G.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    To those unfamiliar with it, here is a Post from Nov 21, 2013:

The fact that 1) it has a third position and 2) doesn't require an ass-ugly stock makes it seem like at least more of an option than the slide-fires. $500 seems steep, but I've blown more than that on toys before. If it functions like a 4.5lb really good single-stage in semi-auto and it has the pseudo bump-fire ability, I suppose that's not a super-crazy price... G2S would be $160, and a Slide-fire is like $300.

I am vaguely surprised that the BATFE approved it. Yeah, it's one shot per pull... but the whole positive reset thing seems iffy. I do see why it's different than the Atkins Accelerator - as long as it doesn't reset the trigger all the way.

Description of how it works lifted from ARFCOM:

Just in case someone wants to research the topic, the bumpfire trigger noted above is the AKINS Accelerator, not Atkins.

According to the maker, it is a NOT bump fire trigger, but is a very SHORT reset trigger, requiring the operator to get off rapid shots with repeated quick pulls on the trigger--much like a Glock. Their claim is the trigger pull stays at 4.5 lbs but is fast because the trigger travel distance is minuscule.

Below is the text of a letter from the company to someone on AR15.com inquiring about the product:

Thank you for your interest in Tac-Con™. The response to our revolutionary, new 3MR (3rd Mode Reset) trigger has been overwhelming and we appreciate your patience as we launch our new company. We issued a media press release on Tuesday and it made AR15.com some minutes later. Not to say that was a bad thing but we were not entirely prepared for the tremendous public response! We are ramping up production in anticipation of our official launch on December 1st!.
    Note: We will begin accepting pre-orders at www.tacfirecon.com on or just after Saturday November 16th watch the web site for more information.

About the TAC-CON 3MR Trigger
    The 3MR is a drop-in 3-mode fire control system with Safe, Semi-Automatic, and Tac-Con™'s patented 3rd Mode. The 3rd mode has a positive reset that dramatically reduces the split times between shots. The positive reset characteristic is achieved by transferring the force from the bolt carrier through the trigger assembly to assist the trigger back onto the front sear. As a result, this gives the firearm the fastest reset possible. Both semi and 3rd mode positions exhibit a non-adjustable 4.5 pound trigger pull weight. Why 4.5 pounds? Because most law enforcement agencies limit any trigger used for duty to 4.5 pounds and above. Extensive testing done by Tac-Con™, the ATF (BATFE), and professional shooters have proven that this is the fastest semi-automatic trigger in the world. The 3MR is ATF approved and is NOT a NFA part. Each trigger is accompanied by a copy of the ATF letter. This is not a bump fire system. The shooter must pull the trigger once for every round fired.
    Additional information will be available at www.tacfirecon.com on December 1st.
    Thank you for interest in TAC-CON!!

Mike Stakes,
    President, Tac-Con™

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom