• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I have had one class with AJ. He's one of those guys that is very quiet, unassuming, and seems to execute every required task or skill without any difficulty.

I'm looking forward to taking one or more of his classes eventually.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I was able to attend the class, I was not a participant but was able to listen in on the instruction given, which was top notch! This class is so important because there are to many folks that solely rely on deadly force as the fix. Every situation is not a deadly force situation, this course gives you other skills and options that you can use to defend yourself and your loved ones. The most important element is the spontaneous aspect of a deadly force encounter, with the addition of the martial arts component you can now respond make distance to deploy your firearm or use several chokes and holds to subdue the threat. It just makes sense!

If you have never been in a formal training environment before, this is the place to start AJ and the other instructors have a way of putting you at ease. This is not one of those I have been teaching for decades so do as I say type of classes. I know you all know where I am coming from. This was a welcoming class that made everyone feel comfortable with their level of training and skill, we all could learn more and that is what usually brings us to these classes. I love being around like minded individuals. The day started with a safety briefing which covered firearm safety and physical safety rules for the martial arts training components. The class was split into two groups and off to work they went. One class did modules of firearm training which was designed to increase your proficiency while carrying concealed. Techniques like drawing from concealed, holstering with cover garments, magazine changes and all of the basic CCW skills were covered. Student were even allowed to go against the clock which added a little bit of needed stress to keep things interesting. The remainder of the class was in the "Mat Room" where they learned a lot of simple techniques to either fend off an attacker, which created distance to deploy a firearm or chokes, take downs and arm locks to control the aggressor. The groups continued to swap until each module was covered. One of the highlights of the day was the lunch, which was provided. This gave everyone an opportunity for all to enjoy some great food and a perfect day which was ideal for training! I had to cut out early and missed the simunitions module of the course (yes I said it, simunitions! I am a little pissed that I missed it, but there will be a next time). So I wasn't able to grab any photos of that nor did I get a final group photo, I promise I will do better next time :)

Wanted to share some photos from the 06/07/2014 Arc Light Defense LLC Street Survivor Lv1 course. Once again this was a very unique class because it combined easy to learn Jiu Jitsu techniques in to basic CCW principles which really helped bridge the gap between when facing an unknown or sudden threat. This course really helps increase your chances to survive a sudden threat with either less lethal force, such as choke holds and arm locks or lethal force with your firearm or chokes as taught in the class. All in all it was a great class and I applaud Arc Light for stepping out of the box and adding more "tools to the toolbox" for these prepared citizens! I should reiterate that the instruction was intuitive and really helped tie in the martial arts factor into everyday CCW very well. I left the range exited to get home and share this class.

Thanks AJ for the invite, can't say enough about this class!!

IMG_6473 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6469 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6493 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6488 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6711 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6854 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6852 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6846 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6840 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
    IMG_6842 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6836 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6835 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6834 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6832 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6830 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6827 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6825 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6824 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6823 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6811 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6809 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6808 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

Last edited:

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Is the guy teaching the grappling Mike Stewart of Team MD BJJ? I almost didn't recognize him with the beard. If it is him, I trained with him for years under Stu and Relson. He is a top knotch instructor and good fighter. Real good guy.

Looked at more pictures and yep thats mike and his brother Jordan. Great guys to learn from!

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Is the guy teaching the grappling Mike Stewart of Team MD BJJ? I almost didn't recognize him with the beard. If it is him, I trained with him for years under Stu and Relson. He is a top knotch instructor and good fighter. Real good guy.

Looked at more pictures and yep thats mike and his brother Jordan. Great guys to learn from!

Yes that is Mike!! :thumbsup:

Really sharp and unassuming guy, sure wouldn't like to see what happens to the guy that mistakes him for an easy target!

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Thanks for the info/review/pics. I was hoping to make it to this class but my schedule didn't permit. Now that these guys are up and running, I will keep an eye out for this class on their schedule.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Yes that is Mike!! :thumbsup:

Really sharp and unassuming guy, sure wouldn't like to see what happens to the guy that mistakes him for an easy target!

Mike is one hell of a good guy as well as his brother Jordan. I can assure you after hundreds rounds of Judo and Jiu Jitsu with both of them, they are VERY talented and learning from two of the greatest Jiu Jitsu minds the world has ever seen. The man himself, Relson Gracie and Stuart Ramos. As well as Jason Morris for Judo. That is what I miss most about MD, training those fine people. When I go back I plan to stop at the dojo and get my long overdue beat down.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Go sit at tequila mockinbird and have a marg ya whiney ole koot.

Btw hows the house coming along?

:)

No recent full frontals. But she's finished except for some fencing.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402312167241.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1402312167241.jpg
      47 KB · Views: 169
    • uploadfromtaptalk1402312180302.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1402312180302.jpg
      82.8 KB · Views: 169

ih8unot

Mar 20, 2011
    Dundalk
    Having been on the range with AJ I can only say good things about the man. He knows his shit and teaches very well. The ten minutes I spent with him was better than the last two hour class I paid for.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I sent them an email through the website a week or two ago, but never heard back.

Sent from my Xoom Wifi using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom