• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I'm asking why no one makes aftermarket mags for this.

I believe someone makes a 15-round mag (pro-mag?).

Unfortunately, it's a single stack mag, and it feeds into the handgrip. So, you're stuck with a super-long single stack hanging out of the handgrip (like the hi-cap 1911 mags), or you'd have to figure out a way to modify the grip and magwell, and the original's wouldn't fit any more. 15 is workable, I guess, as a single stack, but that's about it.

Edit: here you go:

Attachments

• hipoint-15round.jpg
      hipoint-15round.jpg
      70.2 KB · Views: 282

Welder84

Aug 16, 2016
    Central Maryland
    The Hi-Points are good overall guns for the money. I had one bad experience with old factory mags damaging the rifle. Hi-point took care of it at no cost to me. They are a good company, after that problem I did not wan't to use the rifle as much.

Last edited:

Welder84

Aug 16, 2016
    Central Maryland
    I believe someone makes a 15-round mag (pro-mag?).

Unfortunately, it's a single stack mag, and it feeds into the handgrip. So, you're stuck with a super-long single stack hanging out of the handgrip (like the hi-cap 1911 mags), or you'd have to figure out a way to modify the grip and magwell, and the original's wouldn't fit any more. 15 is workable, I guess, as a single stack, but that's about it.

Edit: here you go:
    Some old Hi-Point mags and some aftermarket mags would damage the rifle. There is a pick in the owners manual of the good and bad mag features.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have the 40cal HP Carbine. I can feed it junk and it still goes BANG!:gun7: every time.. Its a hoot to shoot and since I live in a apartment building as well a AR15 platform rifle would be overkill. But I am looking for an AR as well but $$ is very tight since I am on disability. Yep its a fun carbine at least IMO..

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Just ordered one of the ATI stocks! Now I just need to go to galleryofguns.com and try to get the 9MM. :/

RonInMD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 22, 2010
    I found a 45ACP on GB for $298.00 shipped. Also found a local FFL with a $30.00 transfer fee.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom