• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I didn't use to really care for AK's . In 2013 it was mandatory to get one , since O'Mally didn't want me to. Post Oct 1 , I discover that the Building of them is way cool , but I had missed the deadline.

Now the usual generous member will again be hosting get together to create legal configuration pistols.But I have a delima :

One of the leading parts kits is the AMD . But I already have a folding stock AMD , and can attest that they are indeed fine guns.

So do I :

1. Do somthing different just for variety ?

2. Don't mess with succuess, go all AMD , all the time. Strap on FEG pistol and learn how to swear in Hungarian ?

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I didn't use to really care for AK's . In 2013 it was mandatory to get one , since O'Mally didn't want me to. Post Oct 1 , I discover that the Building of them is way cool , but I had missed the deadline.

Now the usual generous member will again be hosting get together to create legal configuration pistols.But I have a delima :

One of the leading parts kits is the AMD . But I already have a folding stock AMD , and can attest that they are indeed fine guns.

So do I :

1. Do somthing different just for variety ?

2. Don't mess with succuess, go all AMD , all the time. Strap on FEG pistol and learn how to swear in Hungarian ?

Here are 2 options for either route you go. Been thinking about going again to tc's place for an AK pistol build. But, i need moolah.

http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=207

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Are you planning on chopping the barrel down and making a true pistol, or just a stockless rifle build? If the later, the AMD is an easy option but I vote for mixing it up.

I'd look for a combined front sight/gas block and a donor kit--could be anything, Romanian would likely be cheapest. Then chop a barrel down and make a more compact firearm that comes closer to an AKS-U.

Or go really crazy and do a ultra-short guide rod build. I've never exactly understood the whole point of them but you'd have some super-cool schoolyard bragging rights:

102_1717.JPG

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Slightly off topic, but are you guys making these from flats, or receivers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can make them from both.

I spoke to Engage and they will transfer an AK receiver for building a pistol. I just need to get up there one of these days.

If you purchase an AK flat without trunnion holes, that flat can be folded up to build a pistol. You would need to rivet in a rear pistol trunnion so that a stock could not be attached to the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom