• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Between AR parts and my CMP M1 I'm pretty damn tapped out this month. Cool rifle given what I now know but I need to pay for my truck too

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    If you want it, Sled, I'll go get it and hold it for you. You'll have to make the arrangements to send them payment, though.

The one for sale is a close cousin to one that I've got already. They don't tend to be beauty queens, but they are exceptionally well-made rifles. I'd be considering it, but I vowed to not buy anything in Feruary--and so far, I've only bought three rifles this month.

Attachments

• Hoo23.jpg
      Hoo23.jpg
      75.3 KB · Views: 232

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County

"Open to debate" is far more accurate than "disproven" at this point. There's very little about the history of these rifles that's not still open to debate. That info makes a compelling, but not entirely convincing, argument.

Here's a rare example of a Chinese SKS "letter gun" that was imported to the U.S. when the Norincos were coming in during the late '80s. It's pretty much in like-new condition, other than some handling marks. All the marks, including those on the stock, match on this one.

But it has a Russian Arctic birch stock.

If these were made so far into the Chinese years of production, as has been posited, why would they not only have decided to use the Russian letter-prefix system, but also pulled out surplus Russian parts to make these?

You decide. You can either put your faith into "logic," based upon how someone numbered other guns, or on what small amount of evidence there is.

Attachments

• AA_Lft_Side.jpg
      AA_Lft_Side.jpg
      25.1 KB · Views: 239
    Last edited:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    SKS is a MUST have.
    Mine has bee UBER reliable
    Accurate shooter (for the type of sights).
    Very easy to service/clean

That looks like a good one. Figure what? $340 by the time you have it delivered and your rolling the dice? $400 is not bad if you see it before you buy it.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I love my SKS. If I hadn't just bought a CZ82, I'd be on this one, but I'd offer him something less than $400. I got mine for $269 shipped. Today's prices are between $279 and $340 plus shipping.

This thread isn't about a $280-$350 shooter grade gun - its about a slammin' good deal on a collector grade gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom