• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Not saying I agree with my statement, just saying that if the folks I know are an indication, then statements like "majority of Marylander's are pro 2a" does not necessarily mean they are pro CCW....

seems many assume that but then you know what they say about assuming....

So you know and associate with enemies of the constitution.. but we should concern ourselves with your assement.

If I can't change thier minds on the issue I sever all ties.. it seems you indulge them..

I will not.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    One day, I will stop opening this thread to see the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Today is clearly not that day.

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    I feel that enough time has passed, whereas, Hogan could have done something.

He has done nothing. And next election I will look elsewhere.

I'm sure OweMally is choking on some of the decisions he made, he is nothing in the presidential election, as has been at best.

MDshooters

Mar 26, 2012
    Salisbury MD
    One day, I will stop opening this thread to see the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I tend to drop by for the news, and then get out of the chair and go about my normal day to day adventures. :)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Lone Ranger *reports* the truth, ( not in any way saying he shares or supports the totality of said views).

There is a signifigent % of public, that supports the 2A with high priority in purchasing, owning, and shooting all types of firearms. Even high degree of carry over to being able to be armed in times of disaster. Less often is high priority to be able to pack heat all the time in "normal" situations when "probably" won't be needed.

Compared to the Anti's , these people are with us , let's arbitrarily say, 85% of the way. Does that make them our enemies ? Are we morally obligated to shun them ? I am plenty absolutist in my personal views. That's not the same thing as a stratagy .

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    View attachment 159850
    Yeabut.......

It's the "bear" part of the amendment. :)

groundhog-day.jpg

Last edited:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Actually, said Delegate asked Myself, the NRA-ILA rep, the AGC Legislative VP, and the MSRPA Legislative liaison if we thought that he should ask, and we all told him NO. He came up with the idea on his own and he ignored the advise given to him by 3 state 2A organizations and the NRA-ILA state rep.

So, no, no one from Frosh's office put him up to it, he came up with the question on his own because he was even less impatient than some of the folks on this board. And he stupidly ignored the advise from all of the 2A organizations that represent the majority of MD citizens.

:sad20:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Lone Ranger *reports* the truth, ( not in any way saying he shares or supports the totality of said views).

There is a signifigent % of public, that supports the 2A with high priority in purchasing, owning, and shooting all types of firearms. Even high degree of carry over to being able to be armed in times of disaster. Less often is high priority to be able to pack heat all the time in "normal" situations when "probably" won't be needed.

Compared to the Anti's , these people are with us , let's arbitrarily say, 85% of the way. Does that make them our enemies ? Are we morally obligated to shun them ? I am plenty absolutist in my personal views. That's not the same thing as a stratagy .

They are not just t against carry for themselves .they are against others carrying..

If they were only opposed to carry for themselves they would be harmless.. they are not harmless

Every major success of our opposition has been abetted by these folks.. and most of these successes would not be possible without them.

These kind of friends I do not need..they cost far to much.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I get mailers asking to support his campaign. I'm not inclined unless he does something positive for the 2A. Anyone have an opinion on whether I should still support him financially.

It's your money so...............

I'm not inclined to give the rich more of my money, have other uses for it. Oh if you can't think of any just buy more ammo.:)

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Not saying I agree with my statement, just saying that if the folks I know are an indication, then statements like "majority of Marylander's are pro 2a" does not necessarily mean they are pro CCW....

seems many assume that but then you know what they say about assuming....

Only fools make the above assumption, and as much as we go back and forth on occasion, there are some things we agree on.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    To all those who won't vote for Gov.Hogan next election day..who would you vote for? What Republican could BE openly super pro 2A and get elected? I hope someone is out there that can pull that off,but this is Marlandistan. Dan Bongino/Jack McCauley ticket that's it.

Last edited:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I will say I was at a Republican booth at the AACO fair and someone from the dems booth walked over and asked the people there how Hogan was doing and then said that they hope he comes through ok because they thought he was doing a great job. This was someone actually volunteering at the dems booth. I am hopeful for a 2nd term, but he better start making his promises to the 2a community materialize.

I have only skimmed the thread up to your post, decided to reply.

I'm glad to hear this from you, and I've heard many 'real' Democrats say the same encouraging remarks about Hogan. He's exceeded many people's expectations already.

My guess is that it's a combination of wishful thinking and misinterpreting what others have said about Hogans position and promises regarding the 'gun debate'. I've been watching this closely, I discussed these gun issues with Hogan personally and started the thread letting everyone know what he said. I specifically received verbal permission from Hogan before doing so and I was careful to not misrepresent him. Even the news reported on my thread, it was a little surreal seeing video of my post on the news. The people running against Hogan attacked him saying he was way more in favor of pro-gun initiatives than Hogan cared about it. Hogan essentially said (see my original thread from about a year ago for a better translation): the gun debate was not part of his campaign, he had much bigger problems to deal with like jobs and taxes. He did agree he would be better on this issue for us than his opponent, and that he felt the 'ballistic fingerprinting' had failed and was a waste of taxpayers money. He has been consistent in office to what he said to me in person during his campaign. I have nothing but respect for Hogan and feel his calculated, measured approach to 'our issue' has been superb, better than I expected. Appears he or some of his team are slowly making long term change in a quiet manner, just the way we lost our rights over the years.

Thanks to everyone who voted for Hogan, let's pray for his health and continued success.

For Maryland.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    To all those who won't vote for Gov.Hogan next election day..who would you vote for? What Republican could BE openly super pro 2A and get elected? I hope someone is out there that can pull that off,but this is Marlandistan. Dan Bongino/Jack McCulley ticket that's it.

Hogan will probably still be the republican candidate and I would guess that by and large the majority of the republicans will vote for him.

If the democrats put up a likable candidate he will lose. He did not win because majority of Marylander's like him, he won due to poor voter turnout.

In 2010 O'Malley got 1,045,000 votes and between O'Malley and Ehrlich they split 1,811,000 votes. In 2014 Brown only got 819,000 votes and between Brown and Hogan they split 1,703,000 votes.

Many democrats simply did not like Brown and either opted not to vote or voted for Hogan believing his message of hope and change.

Failure to deliver on his promised hope and change (which I seriously doubt he can deliver on) or doing anything to PO the democrats that voted for him (like easing gun controls) means certain defeat for him in the next election.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Plus there are many folks that consider themselves pro 2a but not pro carry outside the home. I know easily half a dozen folks like that. Have nice gun collections, still adding more but definitely want controls on permits....identifying someone as pro 2a does not necessarily identify them as pro ccw...........

On facebook MSI shared a video that is a great example of why "in-home only" is flawed and whoever posted on MSI's behalf had two great comments.

Video:

https://www.facebook.com/likeiowagunowners/videos/1056543201036556/

MSI's comments:

It's a powerful video that shows several things that are popular in anti-2A mythos. 1.) The victim didn't have time to call 911 2.) The situation unfolded in seconds 3.) The assailant did not fall down on the ground after 1 shot 4.) There were multiple attackers. How often do you hear an anti-2A persona arguing the inverse of these points?

Also a good argument for those that think you ONLY need a gun IN the home. You have to get there safely to get to it. Most attacks happen either when your coming in or going out or in the middle of the night. A gun in the home only means your only equipped for 1/3 of the probable attack scenarios.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    On facebook MSI shared a video that is a great example of why "in-home only" is flawed and whoever posted on MSI's behalf had two great comments.

Video:

https://www.facebook.com/likeiowagunowners/videos/1056543201036556/

MSI's comments:

Whoa!

That's one amazing video. I read many of the comments, amazing how some people with no experience try to second guess everything.

Watch the video a couple times, then come back and read my comments below, did you see what I saw?

---

---

---

- The first perp fired at least 4 times, two we into the garage floor as he was struck by the drivers rounds and retreating.

- Driver fired two rounds at each of the three perps.

- All shooting (at least 10 rounds) took place in approximately 3 seconds.

- This video perfectly illustrates why I advocate backing into your garage. Also much safer leaving by pulling forward. A few kids are run over every year by accident in driveways.

- Driver and/or passenger saw the perps coming; driver was armed/ready and had the right mindset, these facts saved their lives.

PgRefugee

Jan 23, 2015
    No one should be surprised

Hogan did what he said he would do in regards to Maryland gun laws, nothing. I'm sure that I'm to be disregarded because of my post count, but I pounded the pavement for Hogan. I start my new job in Florida on Friday and though the state is far from perfect, I can at least get a permit and maybe a big grouper. Maryland will not change willingly, it will take a court ruling.....period. On a side note, I have about 50 pairs of pants I will be giving away because I have recently invested in lots of shorts.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Hogan did what he said he would do in regards to Maryland gun laws, nothing. I'm sure that I'm to be disregarded because of my post count, but I pounded the pavement for Hogan. I start my new job in Florida on Friday and though the state is far from perfect, I can at least get a permit and maybe a big grouper. Maryland will not change willingly, it will take a court ruling.....period. On a side note, I have about 50 pairs of pants I will be giving away because I have recently invested in lots of shorts.

Hogan has done what he said he would do SO FAR.....he still has time left to use additional gun control as a MGA bargaining chip to get much of the fiscal reform he promised.....

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Cool! Literally, I mean, stay cool man, it gets hot in Florida. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom