MSI Membership Karma: Would you like a free NRA class?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jacqueline

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Mar 1, 2013
    1. What NRA class would you like to take for free (for you or your loved one/friend/neighbor)?

2. Post up what class (and general location) you want and let's roll the dice! Let's make it happen.

3. Subliminal Message: Please consider renewing your membership with MSI or making a donation to SAF.

4. POST UP your top three FREE NRA Class Options:
    RTBV
    Pistol
    Rifle
    Shot Gun
    PPiTH
    PPoTH
    RSO
    HFS

5. POST UP YOUR Ideal Locations:
    Western MD
    Southern MD
    Eastern Shore
    ETC...

*****Please consider renewing your membership with MSI & BECOMING a SUSTAINING/EXECUTIVE MEMBER....Although not required to join in this Karma, it will get you a surprise bonus!*****

Events and Outreach is seeking to increase the number of smiling, happy faces at the next EM & GM meeting.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Working backwaards , So Md has long gotten short stick , and is overdue.

As to What , it depends on the unspoken stratagy : To outreach to the masses , Old School rifle/ pistol/ shotgun. Expose them to guns & shooting in a positive manner , w/o being potentially intimidating.

To create a larger pool of useful people in possesion of certain pieces of paper for later projects , RSO .

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I've been thinking of having a class at my church here in Carroll county, so if it fits the bill for this karma, I'd like rtbv. Thanks!

Last edited:

SCDoGo

Dec 6, 2014
    This provided just the push I needed to finally sign up with MSI. Been meaning to for a few weeks, but . . . I tend to get lazy and/or distracted after I get home from work. I am central-ish MD, but could travel a bit for any classes. Never really looked into the courses, (not many (any?) offered in Wyoming ranch towns where everyone and their dog shoots from crib to grave), but RSO could be useful and PPOH/PPIH look like good courses, though I think I would need Basic Pistol first. Defensive Pistol also sounds good.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I'm in for this.
    PPITH
    PPOTH
    Pistol
    Annapolis or Eastern Shore

I have donated to both recently, but will happily donate again.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Don't forget, PPITH is a pre-req for PPOTH - and Basic Pistol is a pre-req for PPITH.

A B C ... 1 2 3

SCDoGo

Dec 6, 2014
    I'm sure someone on here knows, but what is the pre-course assessment for taking the PPIH without having taken Basic Pistol?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I'm sure someone on here knows, but what is the pre-course assessment for taking the PPIH without having taken Basic Pistol?

NRA Personal Protection course participants must be experienced shooters (mastery of the basic skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group, zeroing the firearm and cleaning the firearm) to maximize what can be learned from this course.
    Validation of shooting experience can be one of the following:
    • Successful completion of the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course
    • NRA Pistol competitive shooting qualification card
    • Military DD214 with pistol qualification
    Idaho, Montana, Utah or Oregon CCW permit

• Successful completion of this Pre-Course Evaluation

Pre-Course Evaluation Checklist
    1. Demonstrate safe gun handling at all times, both on and off the range with the pistol the student will use during the course.
    • State and demonstrate the three fundamental Rules for Safe Gun Handling
    • Demonstrate the proper loading, cocking, uncocking and unloading procedures with the
    pistol and dummy cartridge the student will use during the course. Pass:____________________ Fail:____________________
    2. Demonstrate the ability to shoot groups with the pistol from a supported position at a distance of 15 feet. The student must shoot three five-shot groups, each of which can be covered by a circle nine inches in diameter, anywhere on the blank target.
    Pass:____________________ Fail:____________________
    3. Zero a pistol from a supported position at 15 feet by shooting a five-shot group on a bullseye target, then determining the sight adjustment needed to move the group to the center, making the sight change and shooting a confirming group.
    4. Demonstrate how to properly clean a pistol safely

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Anywhere ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶H̶a̶g̶e̶r̶s̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ in Rockville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom