• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paintballg36fun

Jul 28, 2010
    Hello,
    All,
    I know there is a lot of people who dislike Palmetto State Armory, however there was a recent change in Policy for them for there VZ2008.
    Before they would not ship the VZ2008 to MD however this week they have changed this. They will now ship the VZ2008 to MD without mags.
    I do not represent them in any way. Just thought this would help some of my fellow Marylander's who are stuck.
    I think this is a good deal right now.
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/century-vz2008-7-62x39-w-3-mags-cleaning-kit-sling.html
    but this is only my opinion and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn:)
    Please be known they are slow with shipping.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Nice update. I hope they extend this policy to their PA-10 rifle too.

As per the VZ2008, it's a good option. Mags, when one can find them, are going for $20-25/each. IPs are currently selling the VZ2008 for about $500, including 3 mags. So the PSA price will be pretty close with transfer fees and mag purchases (maybe a bit more hassle then getting one, all included, from an IP).

Btw, how did you find out? Did you personally call or hear from others? Just wondering if someone has perspective on the PA-10/AR-10 situation as well.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    So will they send them with the mags along if the gun goes to a out of state FFL? I want to have it sent to a VA FFL.

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    Hello,
    All,
    I know there is a lot of people who dislike Palmetto State Armory, however there was a recent change in Policy for them for there VZ2008.
    Before they would not ship the VZ2008 to MD however this week they have changed this. They will now ship the VZ2008 to MD without mags.
    I do not represent them in any way. Just thought this would help some of my fellow Marylander's who are stuck.
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/century-vz2008-7-62x39-w-3-mags-cleaning-kit-sling.html

Where can magazines be purchased in free America?

Nodak Kid

Jun 30, 2013
    USA
    Hello,
    All,

Is the policy change noted on their web site or who would one have to speak with to ensure they will ship to MD? Thanks for the info

shubin6

Mar 20, 2012
    AA County
    It is a good news that PSA will ship VZ2008 to MD without mags.

Yes, Engage Armament has the VZ2008 for $499.99 PLUS TAX, but the mags are pinned to 10 rds?

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    IF Gary @ High Rock Outfitters gets some more in, and IF you can drive to Hanover PA, he was selling vz2008s as recently as a month ago for just under $500 with 3 mags included.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    You guys need to be looking over your VZ2008 very carefully before purchasing.

I looked at one in PA yesterday and the front sight was canted a good 3 to 4 degrees to the left when it was installed.

Was impossible to get a decent sight picture without canting the entire rifle.

A fluke? Maybe.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011

I looked at one in PA yesterday and the front sight was canted a good 3 to 4 degrees to the left when it was installed.

A fluke? Maybe.

Perhaps it was "modified" by this company?

dEF1SYF.jpg

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Shamelessly stolen from xdtalk.com.....

Attachments

• century_monkey.jpg
      century_monkey.jpg
      47.4 KB · Views: 705

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

A fluke? Maybe.

I've heard that from several people. Luckily it was easily fixed. The sights on mine are dead on. Haven't had a single issue with it.

paintballg36fun

Jul 28, 2010
    Nice update. I hope they extend this policy to their PA-10 rifle too.

As per the VZ2008, it's a good option. Mags, when one can find them, are going for $20-25/each. IPs are currently selling the VZ2008 for about $500, including 3 mags. So the PSA price will be pretty close with transfer fees and mag purchases (maybe a bit more hassle then getting one, all included, from an IP).

Btw, how did you find out? Did you personally call or hear from others? Just wondering if someone has perspective on the PA-10/AR-10 situation as well.

I inquired about the rifle last week and they first said no, however I received an e-mail a day or two ago about the change.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    It's nice to see that they apparently put some kind of effort into finding out that it was ok to sell these to MD. Lot of companies will just say no and never do anything about it.

shubin6

Mar 20, 2012
    AA County

A fluke? Maybe.

Thanks for the heads-up about checking the front sight.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'm glad they don't sell the PA10 to MD. Any lower that claims to take AR15 FCGs that require one to grind up a geissele to fit is something one should ponder over. Especially a company like PSA who have awful C.S.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I just called them and they said that it's still company policy that they will only send firearms to an FFL in your state of residency.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I just called them and they said that it's still company policy that they will only send firearms to an FFL in your state of residency.

That's not the policy change that the OP was referring to. Just that they would now ship them to MD where they wouldn't before.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    That's not the policy change that the OP was referring to. Just that they would now ship them to MD where they wouldn't before.

Yeah, I just forgot that they had that policy. I'm going to need to get someone with a VA billing address to order it to a VA FFL for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom