• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    I actually have a pretty good collection from when I was younger. The higher end stuff (think $400+) guns are pretty impressive. I have a tanaka kar 98 that almost matches my real mauser.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    My move looked like this:lol2:

Attachments

• honda guns.jpg
      honda guns.jpg
      31.3 KB · Views: 199

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Really, I recommend prowling yard sales and Goodwill to find the canvas bags that golfers use to cover their golf bags for airline travel.
    Using blankets or other wraps--even bubble wrap--you can transport multiple rifles in a golf bag cover that your neighbors think is full of…. golf clubs. Here are the transport problems solved by the Covered Golf Bag:

1) When you unload rifles from your house under your "Golf Cover", most will suspect it's just golf stuff and they are not likely to follow you to your destination.

2) While driving down the road, drivers in tall SUV's who can see in your windows will see only "golf equipment".

3) If Bad Guys think they see rifles in your back seat at a stop light, you can be followed.

4) If a squeamish soccer mom sees rifles in the back seat they can SWAT you out.

5) If you are pulled over on a traffic stop with visible rifles, you'll have a chat. But with a "Covered Golf Bag", not so much.

6) When you unload at your destination, neighbors see a golf bag cover going in your new house and assume your hobby is…..golf.

7) If you are moving blanketed-rifles one or two-at-a-time into a house, it allows neighbors/bystanders to guess what is still in your vehicle and then steal a rifle or rifles that haven't been moved into the house yet.

8) If Bad People or People Related to Bad People see blanketed rifles going into your new home, you are asking to be burglarized or robbed.

9) If you have to make a hasty retreat--for whatever reason--moving a half dozen rifles in one trip with a Golf Cover Bag gets you on your way.

10) Repeated back-and-forth trips moving ANYTHING gives Bad Guys Bad time to think up a plan to interrupt your day with a robbery. With two covered golf bags you can move 8-10 rifles in one trip with one bag on each shoulder.

Last edited:

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Just don't be like my new douche neighbors.

Young guy carries 12ga out to truck in ready position. Stops, looks around. Loudly says, "Nothing to see here folks. We're good". Racks shotgun a few times and then gets in the front of a pickup holding the shotgun across his lap.

Totally agree! Freedom is effin SCARY!!!!!!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Just don't be like my new douche neighbors.

Young guy carries 12ga out to truck in ready position. Stops, looks around. Loudly says, "Nothing to see here folks. We're good". Racks shotgun a few times and then gets in the front of a pickup holding the shotgun across his lap.

Sounds like he has a LEO/soldier-wanna-be complex.... either that or he's screen name is Gecko45.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Well; it's legal to carry long guns except in certain munipalities that have laws against that from before 1985, so a case should make no difference.

Loaded may be another story though.

Doesn't matter when the local jurisdiction enacted their laws.

MD State Law preempts any such local laws. The local laws may be on the books, but they are no longer enforceable.

Maryland prohibits local governments from regulating the purchase, sale, taxation, transfer, manufacture, repair, ownership, possession and transportation of handguns, rifles, shotguns and ammunition.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    What does Eric Holder use when he wants to transport hundreds at a time?

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Yes, your snark is noted.

I realize you live in a better place now but no amount of freedom excuses someone for unsafe handling or blatant attention whoring.

Where I live has nothing to do with it. I just have the general attitude of trying to not give a damn what other people do as long as it doesnt present a danger to me or mine. It sounds like your neighbor or whoever was being funny. Guns are a great hobby when safety is present, but you CAN joke around while handling guns believe it or not. If he was unsafe then I get it. From what I read I took it that you were upset it was uncased which would be rather silly. If he was unsafe, then I totally agree with your use of douche. Those guys give everyone a bad name.

Dec 31, 2012
    Where I live has nothing to do with it. I just have the general attitude of trying to not give a damn what other people do as long as it doesnt present a danger to me or mine. It sounds like your neighbor or whoever was being funny. Guns are a great hobby when safety is present, but you CAN joke around while handling guns believe it or not. If he was unsafe then I get it. From what I read I took it that you were upset it was uncased which would be rather silly. If he was unsafe, then I totally agree with your use of douche. Those guys give everyone a bad name.

I don't care about the uncased aspect. It was his racking and pointing that bothered me. This is a densely populated neighborhood with plenty of car and foot traffic. He was standing in the middle of the road making a spectacle.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I don't care about the uncased aspect. It was his racking and pointing that bothered me. This is a densely populated neighborhood with plenty of car and foot traffic. He was standing in the middle of the road making a spectacle.

Well that certainly sounds dumb. Can't argue there.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I like the golf bag suggestion. I was hoping to avoid looking like the car in the pic when I finally escape the PRMD

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    You don't legally need a case to transport a rifle or shotgun. Remember, open carry of rifles and shotguns is 100% legal in Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom