• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    ok, I got it done. It says "submitted". This was a ridiculous process for me. The website would not work on my laptop. I tried 3 computers they all failed. I had to use someone else's laptop, that sucked! I tried several ways to shrink my PDF forms. then I saw that you could load several (10) attachments. So I just split up the trust file into 4 files. That seemed to work. It took me way too long to figure that out. then after I paid, I went to submit and got an error message, but it showed submitted. I'm not sure what's wrong if anything. I guess ill find out soon enough.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    ok, I got it done. It says "submitted". This was a ridiculous process for me. The website would not work on my laptop. I tried 3 computers they all failed. I had to use someone else's laptop, that sucked! I tried several ways to shrink my PDF forms. then I saw that you could load several (10) attachments. So I just split up the trust file into 4 files. That seemed to work. It took me way too long to figure that out. then after I paid, I went to submit and got an error message, but it showed submitted. I'm not sure what's wrong if anything. I guess ill find out soon enough.

Did you get an email with the control number, etc.?

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    If you have the full version of Acrobat it has a feature to optimize scanned PDFs. My signed trust is only 250kb using that. Perfectly readable.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Shortcut? Borrow a kid, grandkid, trustworthy neighbor’s kid, tell them what you’re trying to do. They’ll get you straightened out in about 5 minutes. It’s definitely worth it. Form 1 approvals are taking about 3 weeks right now.

If you want to give it a shot, easiest thing is head to Staples/Kinkos etc with a USB flash drive (8 gigabyte drive is ~$6).

Ask them to scan your documents onto that flash drive at a size of less than 3 megabytes. Tell them you want the document in pdf format. They’ll know exactly what that means.

Head home, plug the flash drive into your computer, upload your trust to eForm using the instruction links above. Do it once and you'll wonder why you waited so long. :thumbsup:

Been looking for a Cliff Notes type of book that explains all this stuff in layman's terms with no luck. Html, text, pdf,jpeg and so on. Not everyone in this world is computer literate. Borrowing the kid thing etc, is like listening to Chinese. Some people are fascinated by computers and dive into them. Others like me would rather have a root canal.
    While the ATF thing is voluntary what pisses me off is that there are millions of old people w/o computers being told they have to do everything by computer now. Seems pretty discriminatory to do this to people who can barley operate a cell phone. Of course if they were illegal there would be all kinds of free help in any F'g language they need.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I hear you, sir. I tried finding a youtube clip for you too. The links in this thread explain pretty well but I can understand it literally reading like a different language.

And if you can wrangle a kid, I’d try just telling them what you want to do and let them do it, instead of having them explain it to you. Something like, “I want to take these documents, put them on this website and complete this electronic application”. Let them have at it from that point.

Give it a few generations and I’ll be the one asking some child where the on switch is to operate the quantum-based nanotech holographic interface so I can order a pizza, or some such. I won’t even care if they giggle at me, I’ll just bribe em with money.

Wish I could help more.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I noticed when looking at the draft of the trust Question [H] is left blank and there is no place to answer Question [J].

Is this cool or did I miss something?

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    All five of mine were approved without either of those sections populated.

I even manually added a description for "h" and it never appeared on my final drafts or approved stamps.

There was never a place for me to answer “j” either. Unless ATF changed the submission format since 9/13, you're gtg.

If you want absolute confirmation about the latest guidelines/changes, "Ask the Experts" is good about answering questions pretty quickly though.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    All five of mine were approved without either of those sections populated.

I even manually added a description for "h" and it never appeared on my final drafts or approved stamps.

There was never a place for me to answer “j” either. Unless ATF changed the submission format since 9/13, you're gtg.

If you want absolute confirmation about the latest guidelines/changes, "Ask the Experts" is good about answering questions pretty quickly though.

Thanks, this works for me!

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    one more question when signing do you have to put "trustee" following your name or does it somehow know to insert that info?

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Been looking for a Cliff Notes type of book that explains all this stuff in layman's terms with no luck. Html, text, pdf,jpeg and so on. Not everyone in this world is computer literate. Borrowing the kid thing etc, is like listening to Chinese. Some people are fascinated by computers and dive into them. Others like me would rather have a root canal.
    While the ATF thing is voluntary what pisses me off is that there are millions of old people w/o computers being told they have to do everything by computer now. Seems pretty discriminatory to do this to people who can barley operate a cell phone. Of course if they were illegal there would be all kinds of free help in any F'g language they need.

Ask a member here to help. Meet up some place and see if you can get it done.:D

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    one more question when signing do you have to put "trustee" following your name or does it somehow know to insert that info?

I've never put "trustee" anywhere on an efile app and they've all been approved. You're attaching the trust info that clearly shows you're a trustee.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I've never put "trustee" anywhere on an efile app and they've all been approved. You're attaching the trust info that clearly shows you're a trustee.

When you register, there is a Title field available. Notice it's after your name. This is not a title like Mr/Mrs/Dr, rather a title like Trustee. When you sign a paper form, you sign and print as Full Name as Trustee. In EForms, you sign electronically. Box 7 shows DIGITALLY SIGNED and Box 8 shows your name as registered. If you have Trustee in the Title field, your form will include that title after it prints your name.

If you have already registered, you can still add a title if you choose. Simply log into EFORMS and go to the My Profile tab at the top. Then look at User Information. The Title field is right below your name.

Notice that on both the Registration page and the User Information page there is not an asterisk next to the Title field. It is not required. Just like your middle initial isn't required. The trust you submit will have your name listed as Trustee. I've yet to see anybody post that they were denied because of Trustee not being present. Quite a few posted success with the Title field blank. I think it's a non-issue, but I wanted to point it out in case you wanted to use that field.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    When you register, there is a Title field available. Notice it's after your name. This is not a title like Mr/Mrs/Dr, rather a title like Trustee. When you sign a paper form, you sign and print as Full Name as Trustee. In EForms, you sign electronically. Box 7 shows DIGITALLY SIGNED and Box 8 shows your name as registered. If you have Trustee in the Title field, your form will include that title after it prints your name.

If you have already registered, you can still add a title if you choose. Simply log into EFORMS and go to the My Profile tab at the top. Then look at User Information. The Title field is right below your name.

Notice that on both the Registration page and the User Information page there is not an asterisk next to the Title field. It is not required. Just like your middle initial isn't required. The trust you submit will have your name listed as Trustee. I've yet to see anybody post that they were denied because of Trustee not being present. Quite a few posted success with the Title field blank. I think it's a non-issue, but I wanted to point it out in case you wanted to use that field.

Nevermind, Nate just answered with what I was replying.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Off topic, but after you get approved how do you print your approved copy out without the word DRAFT across it ?

Thanks
    You need to contact NFA branch and let them know your approved form has the DRAFT watermark and they'll correct it. You can use the 'Ask the Experts' function.

:thumbsup: correct! This is a common mistake on their end. A quick message to Ask the Experts, and you should have a new PDF emailed to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom