• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gjohnsonoc

Feb 18, 2013
    OCMD
    I am a novice but I have the know how. I want to turn my 590 flex into an even meaner looking gun. I don't mean over done I mean practical and tactical. I was looking at adding a quad rail, a angled grip, pumkin puncher, and sights. I needed some suggestions on where to look I as looking at black aces but not sure. Also a cost effective flip up and scope combo.

Selene

Nov 18, 2012
    So you said practical and then said quad rail, angled grip, pumpkin puncher, and sights. Maybe there is confusion about what practical is for a shotgun. A light may be helpful, but everything else is a waste of money and weight and adds no function. If you want to pimp something get an AR (to bad we live in md). Learn how to use a shotgun and you will realize tacticool equipment is mostly worthless.

gjohnsonoc

Feb 18, 2013
    OCMD
    Done that AR done I was asking because its what I want to do with my gun. I was asking for suggestions on the items shooting a shotgun? Anyway thanks for the reply I will keep on looking.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hey , we're in a slightly free state in a semi free country. If you wish to create a shotgun based piece of modern artwork , knock your socks off , and rejoyce.

The confusion results from the OP refering to " practical" and "not overdone" . Other than the stock fitting you , that is a perfectly practical shotgun already.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hey , we're in a slightly free state in a semi free country. If you wish to create a shotgun based piece of modern artwork , knock your socks off , and rejoyce.

The confusion results from the OP refering to " practical" and "not overdone" . Other than the stock fitting you , that is a perfectly practical shotgun already.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    This really isn't a "build". More like the OP's first modification.

OP - do whatever you like to the shotgun that is allowed by law. Honestly, I don't think there is much that can be done to a shotgun to improve its performance all that much. Shorten it up, within the legal limits for barrel length, so it is maneuverable in the home. Get a collapsible stock. Other than that, I think all the rest is just for looks. However, that does matter to a lot of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom