• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I can also answer any questions, concerns, and comments about the application process.

What about he mayor's current attack on public employee pensions?

Edit:
    I also believe the city is in serious financial trouble. The mayor is doing desperate things to try to fix the finances. She just went on the radio on Tuesday to advocate for a %10 reduction in city employees. There is no tax base because any city resident that actually works, realizes that the city has more taxes with far worse services. It is not a viable economic climate. We are moving out, probably out of state. In my previous posts I mentioned I really don't blame the city employees. Who wants worse pay/benefits for harder work as compared to their counterparts in the county?

Posted on page 2 by Ironnewt:

As a BPD member, I would advise ANY applicant to seriously think about going elsewhere. There is no tax base in Baltimore City and we are constantly fighting with the powers that be in City Hall for the basics. We are still without a contract since July 2012 and some City agencies are getting ready to sit down for their 2013-2014 contracts. You have a Judicial system that is a joke, an arrest procedure that deals with a State Agency (CBIF) that does nothing but tie up the officer and then cuts the suspect loose without charge. The $$ is a joke. Retirement benefits are getting worse and you now have to work 25 years to get a pension (Which might not be available in 2038) Unfortunately politics runs rampant in the agency and Political Correctness is more important than good Police work or quality leadership.

JosephRAdam

May 22, 2015
    I have two speeding tickets a 25mph over from 2013 and a 16 over from 2014. I am national guard, and have about a 700 credit score... with no criminal history will i get flagged, or knocked out of the selection for the tickets?

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    I have two speeding tickets a 25mph over from 2013 and a 16 over from 2014. I am national guard, and have about a 700 credit score... with no criminal history will i get flagged, or knocked out of the selection for the tickets?

Speeding tickets will not disqualify you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom