What's the Best 22 Ammo you've ever shot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    That's good stuff. For about the same price Wolf Match is a good choice.

From there it gets pretty specific to the gun. Various flavors of Eley. I like Eley Club a lot and it does not break the bank.

Those are my favorites but I also shoot whatever I can get. I prefer to stay away from Remington. But that's just me. Of course I have more Remington in my stash than anything else.:envy:

bshedwick

Apr 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I like Fiocchi HV RN a lot, maybe better than MiniMags, which used to be my favorite. CCI Select is also very good, but very hard to find.

I've shot some of the fiocchi before out of my Ruger American Rimfire, and its quite good.

However, with the SK stuff, I was pretty much able to put 10 rds through almost the same hole at 25 yds.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I get good results with Wolf match too. Nowadays the question should be more like "What's the most accurate ammo you've NEVER shot? :)

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I've shot a lot of different types of 22LR through my various 22s, but I think that this SK Standard Plus ammo is the most accurate I've ever shot:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/14...ain-lead-round-nose-box-of-500-10-boxes-of-50

Each round has lube on it.
    Every .22 round in existence has lube on it. SK Standard is about middle of the pack when it comes to .22 LR accuracy. And what I mean it it is more accurate than most of the regular .22 LR ammo you find around here, but in fact testing shows that SK High Velocity groups better than SK Standard but neither are as tight as CCI Standard and none of these are close to the various Eley and Lapua match ammo. While most rimfires will shoot some ammo better than others in general most of the data from the following tests still tends to apply the majority of the time.

http://www.accurateshooter.com/guns-of-week/22lr-rimfire-ammo-comparison-test/

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Every .22 round in existence has lube on it. SK Standard is about middle of the pack when it comes to .22 LR accuracy. And what I mean it it is more accurate than most of the regular .22 LR ammo you find around here, but in fact testing shows that SK High Velocity groups better than SK Standard but neither are as tight as CCI Standard and none of these are close to the various Eley and Lapua match ammo. While most rimfires will shoot some ammo better than others in general most of the data from the following tests still tends to apply the majority of the time.

http://www.accurateshooter.com/guns-of-week/22lr-rimfire-ammo-comparison-test/

Well put. Mirrors everything I've read on rimfirecentral. For everyday reliability I like CCI Mini Mags but for accuracy that won't break the bank SK Standard Plus, Rifle Match and Pistol Match work for me. Also SV ammo will almost, if not always, be more accurate than HV.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It depends on the particular firearm.

I have a Mitchell High Standard clone. I tested about 10 - 12 different rounds in it.

THE most accurate was Federal American Eagle High Speed. CHEAP stuff, at the time, $99 a CASE.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I like Fiocchi HV RN a lot, maybe better than MiniMags, which used to be my favorite. CCI Select is also very good, but very hard to find.

I saw CCI Select on Gunbot for the first time the other day.

My internet research and experience over just the last year had me settle on two brands: a Wolf Match Target and CCI Mini Mag.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Rem Thunderbolts.
    J/K

I like WMT, CCI SV and Mini Mags.
    I tell you what, the Gemtec subsonic shoots really well too.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Photoracer said all that needs to be said.

CCI SV shoots best in the widest variety of.22's I own, but it can't cloverleaf at 100 yards like real match ammo. Eley Subsonic HP does that in my Walther KKM, but the ESSHP is no better than CCI SV in others. My Buck Mark target pistol likes something else and my 1940 Remington 510 Target Master shoots cheap Federal Match as if it was 20¢ a round.

kenny1773

Jan 5, 2014
    CCI Standard Velocity in my Ruger 10/22 w/ Hammer Forged Barrel

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/84...ox-of-500-10-boxes-of-50?cm_vc=ProductFinding

I am using a price for performance ratio that I imagined all on my own in my head to come to the conclusion it was about the most accurate ammo for the money. Sure I could spend more and get more accurate, but that wasn't my goal :)

That said, I made that decision when CCI STD Vel was $2.59/box of 50 and readily available (some time ago)

If I were to kick it up a notch in price, the Aguila Rifle Match would be my next pick

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/59...ain-lead-round-nose-box-of-500-10-boxes-of-50

I never tried SK, tried Wolf match and was not impressed.

quickdraw17

I'd rather be shooting...
    Jun 24, 2013
    Wolf match shoots extremely well in my Savage, I have gotten consistent sub moa groups with it. Aguila Match is a pretty close second.

I've also tried the Federal Gold Medal Match. Seems to work for a lot of people, but my gun didn't like it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom