• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    So, general consensus is this would be doubtful because of the slight step down in front of the gas block stop and the threads?? It's a WOA 18". I currently have one on a pre-10/1 lower, but had considered moving it to a new lower.

Attachments

• woa18.jpg
      woa18.jpg
      7.2 KB · Views: 337
    Feb 28, 2013
    So, general consensus is this would be doubtful because of the slight step down in front of the gas block stop and the threads?? It's a WOA 18". I currently have one on a pre-10/1 lower, but had considered moving it to a new lower.

I would have to say that's GTG. It's not necked down under the handguard, nor does it have the M203 notch.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    WOA does advertise they have HBAR barrels, don't know if they are marked. Maybe that is an Engage thing.

Gunsmith in WI emailed me stating they build AR uppers using the Criterion HBAR.

Following is his reply, for sure his complete upper is cheaper than what I have been seeing in MD for just a new HBAR barrel.

They vary in cost depending on the components used. I prefer to use Midwest Industries upper receivers and free float tubes.

Average cost for a 16" upper w/ BCG is usually $875.00 and, the average cost of an 18" is only $20.00 more.

Anderson Rifles has their 16" M4 upper for $594. But they do have an HBAR barrel, and they will make it with the HBAR for the difference in cost of the barrels (about $50). So under $640. Just call them.

And my last upper from them was ordered on Sunday evening, was assembled, headspace checked, test fired, and shipping Monday afternoon. Arrived on Wednesday.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Anderson Rifles has their 16" M4 upper for $594. But they do have an HBAR barrel, and they will make it with the HBAR for the difference in cost of the barrels (about $50). So under $640. Just call them.

And my last upper from them was ordered on Sunday evening, was assembled, headspace checked, test fired, and shipping Monday afternoon. Arrived on Wednesday.

Checked them out and I only located HBAR's with the M203 cutout. Do you have a link to the HBAR you purchased without the M203 cutout?

Thanks

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Is the .300 Blackout Barrel you have from them marked HBAR? The website shows M4 contour.

It SAYS M4 contour, but look at the picture, obviously heavy barrel.

I called them and it is heavy barrel, ad is wrong. They were supposed to change it, but I guess they forgot.

Feb 28, 2013
    Sooo....basically all you need is a stamp set to make any barrel "hbar" even a 16 incher ???

It's length isn't the determining factor. It's the contour. Basically it just can't be necked down anywhere.

If yours fits that description, then stamp 'em if ya got 'em.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom