• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I'm with you there too. I had two dissaproved two weeks ago during the great purge by cook. I keep asking if they are going to reactivate those, because I haven't gotten a refund, and they keep saying no.

I haven't gotten a refund either. I'm planning to re-submit my paper form 1's when I finally get it.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    If you look over at arfcom, there have been a few guys that have gotten dissaproved have gotten it reversed. I think they are refusing for us, just do to the sheer amount of us, but the system does allow it to be done.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I'm really hoping your denial was an accident. Sucks for sure but I'm hoping we can submit form 1's (then wait a year) and be okay if >29".

It wasn't an accident. They did it because they said the MD law wouldn't permit it which is the same situation a lot of us are in. According to MSP, anything owned prior to 10/01 is fine whether under or over 29". I know Cpl Edwards has been talking to Mr. Cook and Mr. Clutter. The problem is the make you resubmit which, in my opinion, isn't right.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    It wasn't an accident. They did it because they said the MD law wouldn't permit it which is the same situation a lot of us are in. According to MSP, anything owned prior to 10/01 is fine whether under or over 29". I know Cpl Edwards has been talking to Mr. Cook and Mr. Clutter. The problem is the make you resubmit which, in my opinion, isn't right.

Especially since resubmitting now will take a year. At least we can edit the paper version form 1. What mentally challenged moron designed a system where forms could not be edited is beyond me.
    I have receipts for the lowers I'm using and they are all well before October. Are you going to copy receipts when you resubmit?

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Especially since resubmitting now will take a year. At least we can edit the paper version form 1. What mentally challenged moron designed a system where forms could not be edited is beyond me.
    I have receipts for the lowers I'm using and they are all well before October. Are you going to copy receipts when you resubmit?

Yes, I'm going to upload my receipt and 77r. Not taking any chances.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    That's awesome. As the person that posted the draft thread, I am remiss to say that my Form 1 submitted (as a holdover Draft EForm) was denied during the Great Purge of 2014. It is great to see they approved yours though.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    That is good news :thumbsup:

For a while, it looked like the BATFE was blanketing all rejections that way.

They were, and then giving the reason for denial as being an assault weapon. I THINK we got that straightened out between talks with NFA branch, MSP, and ATF's MD counsel.

I'll resubmit my Form 1 and see what happens, and of course keep everyone updated.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Too bad it took a sh!t ton of rejections for them to get that cleared up... and they're making people, like myself resubmit my post Oct. 1st Form 1's. GRRRR!

You and me both, brother.

Now I'm trying to figure out how much (or little) supplemental information I can supply and still get an approval.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I wish people would only send their "purchase order" OR a copy of the 77R, not both. I don't want the ATF to get the idea that's a requirement. It would F*** those of us that purchased firearms/receivers before Oct 1st, but didn't register/transfer them with MSP until afterwards.

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    If you look over at arfcom, there have been a few guys that have gotten dissaproved have gotten it reversed. I think they are refusing for us, just do to the sheer amount of us, but the system does allow it to be done.

There isn't a lot of us! Cook and his subordinate Chason told me there's about 37 or so they're in the process of looking at from MD. So either they didn't get them all, or someone's BS'ing in here. JS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    I wish people would only send their "purchase order" OR a copy of the 77R, not both. I don't want the ATF to get the idea that's a requirement. It would F*** those of us that purchased firearms/receivers before Oct 1st, but didn't register/transfer them with MSP until afterwards.

You have NO choice! I'm the one who initiated this per THIER request! Unfortunately, I was the first, and won't be the last! In my opinion, there's no getting around it!

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    Between my emails and cc's, along with the 1.5 weeks of "HUMBLE" calls to the ATF's Cook, Chason, and MSP Jason, it looks like I was finally able to "assist" with clearing all of this up. Not to take all the credit, because I'm sure there was others before me. But yes, for 1.5 weeks, we had conference calls, emails, and documented photos exchanged. Ending with this from Chason (Good dude by the way!).
    ymyrapa5.jpg

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Between my emails and cc's, along with the 1.5 weeks of "HUMBLE" calls to the ATF's Cook, Chason, and MSP Jason, it looks like I was finally able to "assist" with clearing all of this up. Not to take all the credit, because I'm sure there was others before me. But yes, for 1.5 weeks, we had conference calls, emails, and documented photos exchanged. Ending with this from Chason (Good dude by the way!).
    ymyrapa5.jpg

Was anything ever mentioned about wait times? Thanks for going through all this humbly.

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    Was anything ever mentioned about wait times? Thanks for going through all this humbly.

I never even asked them about a time frame. However, they did in fact seem to have all of Maryland's forms on hand. They told me that they had around 37 or so that they were in the process of reviewing. It appears to be true, because there has been an Influx of people on this forum saying they've been approved in the past few days and weeks. The reason I had to humble myself, was because (Agent) Cook seemed to have a slight attitude. Myself (thought), and the State Trooper (Who's been handling all this crap with the ATF) I spoke with said he's normally in good spirits every time HE spoke with him. Which has been A LOT since the ATF were misunderstanding the law here in Maryland. So I felt he may have been dealing with some buttholes over the past few weeks or something. Because the way he came off, he was immediately took on an offensive tone. It was like he was preparing himself for some foolishness or something. He did mellow out when I spoke to him in a professional manner though. So it was all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom