• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donw@fyi.net

Mar 20, 2014
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I bought a Beretta Nano because I wanted a concealed carry gun and wanted to support Beretta as they socked it to Maryland. ( I honestly think they had an impact on the election)

Then I discovered it had a long "gritty" trigger. I'm not fond of double action pistols anyhow but this Nano was exceptionally bad. I had a good gunsmith work it over and it still isn't very good. I just replaced it with a Sig 290RS. The Nano will languish in my gun cabinet.

I'm willing to bet every person who owns more than one gun has one they wish they hadn't bought. What's your "bad purchase"?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Wanna trade your Nano for my star B 9mm? Also I'm in MoCo as well.

IMG_20140116_110527_zpsb9a8d546.jpg

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Regrets are all the ones that got away because I reacted too slowly. Bought one Taurus rimfire revolver many moons ago with a horrid trigger and couldn't sell it quickly enough, but it cost me chump change so no big deal.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    S&W 22A.

My first pistol ever. Accurate, but cantankerously designed, difficult to take down & reassemble, absurdly bad "safety" lever that merely slid back and forth without locking into either position, and the fact that it needed a little plastic tab in the slide to prevent recoil damage, which had to be replaced periodically, never sat quite right with me. Just bad engineering.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Smith & Wesson Model 59. Shoot 15 rounds and spend the next 20 minutes trying to find the brass. It threw brass every direction, never in the same spot. One of only two firearms I ever sold. The other was a Remington Model 760 that I won in a raffle. I already had one, so I let it go.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Last year bought a Zip gun. I don't think I've been able to get 3 shots off in succession without a FTF or FTE, or both.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    Gen 1 Sigma.....was the worst handgun I've ever had. Had one day and sold it back to dealer at a loss. I've heard that the newer ones are better but never again!

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    S&W 22A.

My first pistol ever. Accurate, but cantankerously designed, difficult to take down & reassemble, absurdly bad "safety" lever that merely slid back and forth without locking into either position, and the fact that it needed a little plastic tab in the slide to prevent recoil damage, which had to be replaced periodically, never sat quite right with me. Just bad engineering.

I second the S&W 22a as a bad buy. It has been amazingly accurate with just about anything I feed it, but the wood target grips appear to cause problems with the magazine release. I returned it to Smith not long after I bought it because the magazine would drop after a couple of shots. They "fixed it" by replacing the mag catch and got it back to me quickly. It still dropped the mag. I noticed that the grip screws worked loose so I applied some Loctite, but that didn't solve the problem. I still shoot it because it really is a tack driver, but it is definitely annoying. And, yes, I did replace the wood grips with standard grips and still had the problem.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Zastava M57 Tokarev.

It was my first C&R purchase. The safety is completely a pain in the derriere. Shoot once, pull safety down. Shoot, pull safety down. Then, after several safety resets, the web of my hand rides up and I get slide bit.

Between the pain in shooting it and the upswing in ammo cost has this pistol languishing in the back of my safe.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I regret buying promag junk magazines, and a replica flintlock pistol. Been wanting a flintlock pistol for a while to take to the range and found one at a gun show for a really cheap price.
    After getting home and checking it out I found that it's fully loaded and totally non functional. Learned the hard way to always check a gun first before buying it!:sad20:

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    Smith & Wesson Model 59. Shoot 15 rounds and spend the next 20 minutes trying to find the brass. It threw brass every direction, never in the same spot. One of only two firearms I ever sold. The other was a Remington Model 760 that I won in a raffle. I already had one, so I let it go.

I have a nickel Model 59. It's such a pimp gun! I love it. But it isn't particularly accurate.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Not truely a regret, because it is still a beautiful gun, just not right for me. My first gun purchase ever was a Stainless Steel S&W 4006 fotay police trade from Shooters Discount. Beautiful gun, great price, but a crappy trigger and it just doesn't feel right in my hand. It will remain a safe queen as a result.

Rob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom