• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    First 3 minutes says it all for me. Besides if I'm getting in trouble for shouldering an AR / AK type pistol it's likely SHTF and none of that BS matters anyway. Watch this vid

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qNMLO18kl98

This comment below the video makes a lot of sense
    Serge Smith
    1 month ago

ALL THOUGH THE A.T.F. RULED ON IT YOU JUST DON'T KICK A SLEEPING DOG!!!!
    YOU PEOPLE DON'T GET IT MY BROTHER WORKS FOR THE A.T.F. HE IS TELLING ME THAT THE A.T.F. WILL ONLY STAND BACK FOR SO LONG! IF THE PEOPLE BLATANTLY USE A PRODUCT WRONG IT WILL GET RECLASSIFIED! "PERIOD!"

SO SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    How about them Airsoft Guns that they confiscated years back telling us it can be converted into machine guns? Are they going to re classify that as a toy? lol that is effing hilarious... How can a effing barrel that can only take 6mm plastic bb's can survive the pressure of a 223/556 boolits... AT' ef are stupid, you cant fix stupid...:sad20::sad20:

imtan8

Jun 9, 2014
    Virginia
    They approved the brace for what it is a Brace.

If you use wrench to hammer a nail its doesn't turn it into a hammer its still a wrench.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    People need to calm down and stop reading too much into this.

The letter (only page 3 is provided) is caveated to death and clearly states that it only applies to the firearm in question. Where people are going to get in trouble with this (and this may be the case in this circumstance) is when they install sig braces on guns which cannot be anatomically used as the brace is designed.

Example:

kriss-vector-SB-15-sig-brace.jpg

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    Funny have everyone glosses over the part about the VFG and skips right to vast conspiracy to start 're-classifying the sig brace... why stop there? Let's include all the cheek pads too

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Funny have everyone glosses over the part about the VFG and skips right to vast conspiracy to start 're-classifying the sig brace... why stop there? Let's include all the cheek pads too
    Everyone's glossing over it because it's irrelevant to the ATF's declaration that shouldering a Sig brace makes it a stock. The VFG stuff is in reference to what makes an AOW. You guys are all jumping on irrelevant stuff in order to make this issue go away; alas, I don't think it will.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Everyone's glossing over it because it's irrelevant to the ATF's declaration that shouldering a Sig brace makes it a stock. The VFG stuff is in reference to what makes an AOW. You guys are all jumping on irrelevant stuff in order to make this issue go away; alas, I don't think it will.

They were addressing a specific firearm...a shotgun at that

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They were addressing a specific firearm...a shotgun at that
    How does it being a shotgun matter? Why do you think that this ruling is special to that specific firearm, or to shotguns in general? I agree that it only applies to this specific firearm, mind you, but why do you believe that the BATFE won't be ruling like this in the future on everything? They can and will reverse themselves. Sometimes it's good for us, and in this case, it's not looking so good for us.

I'm not saying everyone needs to panic this moment, but I am saying: buckle up, because it's not looking good for the long term. I want to save people from buying expensive setups that won't work without the Sig brace being shouldered. That is all.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    How does it being a shotgun matter? Why do you think that this ruling is special to that specific firearm, or to shotguns in general? I agree that it only applies to this specific firearm, mind you, but why do you believe that the BATFE won't be ruling like this in the future on everything?

I'm not saying everyone needs to panic this moment, but I am saying: buckle up, because it's not looking good for the long term. I want to save people from buying expensive setups that won't work without the Sig brace being shouldered. That is all.

I understand where you are coming from.

I am not going to even begin to think this single letter illustrates and impending about-face from a letter asking for clarification on 1 firearms from and acting gov manager.

Lots of people said the slidefire and like devices were not long for this world either. Stay calm all

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Damn and I was about to release the bump fire brace with optional spring loaded 89 degree fvg and integrated bipod.

I'd still submit a sample to the ATF. At least you will recieve a fancy letter to plaster all over internet forums in order to create mass hysteria and single handedly derail the dreams of thousands of law abiding gun owners.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'd still submit a sample to the ATF. At least you will recieve a fancy letter to plaster all over internet forums in order to create mass hysteria and single handedly derail the dreams of thousands of law abiding gun owners.

It would be pretty funny to type up some fake ones, but that probably not legal.

Im good at letter writing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom