• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well, my machinegun Form4 is in. The barrel is 11.5" and OAL is 28.5". I am told that everything between MSP and BATFE is sorted out so, it should be OK. Will see in a few months I guess. Wish me luck. :D

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Yep, it is a Bushmaster built Sendra M16. Not big on the color but, it came with a lot of extras and the timing and price were good. It has a Geissele Super Select Fire Trigger. I am anxious to see how well that works. I also have an AAC 762-SND-6 on the way for it as well. I am building a special upper for it.

Attachments

• Sendra_M16.jpg
      Sendra_M16.jpg
      61.7 KB · Views: 178

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I didn't think there were any issues with MG's as 281 didn't include them.

Not suppose to be. MSP says NO but I have seen a couple of MGs rejected because the OAL was less than 29". Although that was before the BATFE and MSP sat down to straighten out a couple of things about 281. So, I am hoping MGs are no longer an issue. Will know in 6-8 months, I hope.

Dave

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I didn't think there were any issues with MG's as 281 didn't include them.

It doesn't. But the MSP is now enforcing SBRs (and MGs) as handguns if they have barrels < 16" and must be on the roster. The roster only applies to 85 and later guns. So no problem for MGs that were made before 85. Some companies were out of business so its easy to prove you don't need to be on the roster. But some companies continued business right up until the 86 ban. If you have one that was made in those two years (or can't prove it was made before 85) you likely need to be on the roster.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Well, my machinegun Form4 is in. The barrel is 11.5" and OAL is 28.5". I am told that everything between MSP and BATFE is sorted out so, it should be OK. Will see in a few months I guess. Wish me luck. :D

I am in the same boat. I have a Short Barrel M16 in right now. OAL 29.5 11" barrel. Now mine is pretty easy to show is Pre-85 but still hope its ok. Its a RIA Sendra. Hopefully these turn out to be nice guns!

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I am in the same boat. I have a Short Barrel M16 in right now. OAL 29.5 11" barrel. Now mine is pretty easy to show is Pre-85 but still hope its ok. Its a RIA Sendra. Hopefully these turn out to be nice guns!

Let me know how yours goes. My Class 3 dealer said he talked to MSP and MGs were all straightened out with BATFE. Lets hope so.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom