• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Ideally, I'd like to be a resources rich landowner who would welcome contracts from outfits to harvest said resources. My job would probably entail to opening and closing gates and monitoring the property, also the signing of contracts and collecting payments. In my spare time, I'd do all of the things I love.

Someone once told me that if your job is to do what you love, you'll eventually grow to not love it any longer, because it then becomes work.

*****I went to college with a few guys like this. They welcomed contracts, etc.. like you said but also hired out the job of opening and closing gates, monitoring the property, etc.. They had lots more spare time as a result. Their hobbies seemed to be seeing how much stuff in their lives they could get gold plated, buying exotic cars, playing polo and/or falconry, hiring prostitutes, and drinking to excess. Of course, they went back to the Middle East once they finished their education to get married to a few women, and to begin the process of hiring the appropriate servants to raise the children, etc.. to settle down and become a respectable member of their family...

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    *****I went to college with a few guys like this. They welcomed contracts, etc.. like you said but also hired out the job of opening and closing gates, monitoring the property, etc.. They had lots more spare time as a result. Their hobbies seemed to be seeing how much stuff in their lives they could get gold plated, buying exotic cars, playing polo and/or falconry, hiring prostitutes, and drinking to excess. Of course, they went back to the Middle East once they finished their education to get married to a few women, and to begin the process of hiring the appropriate servants to raise the children, etc.. to settle down and become a respectable member of their family...

Sounds awesome, except I'd leave out the debauchery, ostentatious spending, and moral abominations. I'm a rather humble man, but my free time would most certainly be well spent if I had the leave and wherewithal to do so.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    A job that keeps me productive, satisfied with the outcome, and makes a difference in one way or another.

Or

I'd work on gardens...but no grass.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Looks good. Wait I already have my dream job. I sit at a desk monitoring servers, only doing something if something goes wrong. And for that the government agency pays me $90K+ and I get my SSA and get to keep it all. Oh, and I live only 2 miles away on a farm and get to shoot and hunt there too. Can't get much better than this. When this contract ends I retire.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Looks good. Wait I already have my dream job. I sit at a desk monitoring servers, only doing something if something goes wrong. And for that the government agency pays me $90K+ and I get my SSA and get to keep it all. Oh, and I live only 2 miles away on a farm and get to shoot and hunt there too. Can't get much better than this. When this contract ends I retire.

When you retire, can I take your place?

My other dream job would be to own a couple of parking garages and car washes and having someone else run them when I don't feel like being there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom