• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    1. Sign-in upon entry under watchful eye of sign-in security.

2. Listen to statements and testimony from MSP repeating same tired Sheridon

3. Go deliberate.

4. Profit

Step 2 and 3 should be taken out and replaced with "???"

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Serious? So if someone calls for an agenda, they tell you there is none? This is not SOP for committee or board meetings I'm familiar with. I hope the date for Realtor® v Maryland II, gets posted here. That will be worth seeing.

One of the many issues we are working on as a community.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    1. Sign-in upon entry under watchful eye of sign-in security.
    2. Listen to statements and testimony from MSP repeating same tired Sheridon
    3. Go deliberate.
    4. Profit

We'll see if it is the same process as last month. This is an ever changing entity and nothing would surprise me, but I think the majority of the current board members understand the need to improvement and change.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I hope someone there keeps us informed like the last meeting. many thanks for that.

how many cases have the board overturned so far so we can keep a running tally.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I hope someone there keeps us informed like the last meeting. many thanks for that.

how many cases have the board overturned so far so we can keep a running tally.

That is a loaded question. Of the cases that were eligible for reversal, it looks like 2-3 so far. Many of the cases were for prohibited people and should have never applied. I will get the July numbers to see the results.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Gotta love the state employees involved with the HPRB.

Per Ms. Street, the DPSCS is working with the AG's office to determine if the results of the meetings need a PIA request to be divulged to the public. There has not been a new board member appointed to replace the vacated spot and the minutes, or lack there of, has not been resolved and Mr. Neverdon has not addressed my request for them.

Seems like a small step back, we will see how this evening goes.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    That is a loaded question. Of the cases that were eligible for reversal, it looks like 2-3 so far. Many of the cases were for prohibited people and should have never applied. I will get the July numbers to see the results.

I am sure prohibite persons have been applying all along so any comparison will have to include them to get a true number.

I am just curious as to the improvements.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I am sure prohibite persons have been applying all along so any comparison will have to include them to get a true number.

I am just curious as to the improvements.

This is a direct quote from the HPRB admin,

"There were 8 reviews- all 8 decisions upheld the MSP Superintendent’s Decision to deny and handgun permit.

There were 3 hearings- 1 hearing reversed the decision of the MSP Superintendent’s Decision to deny and handgun permit, 1 hearing was sent back to MSP and granted pending additional information, and 1 hearing decision upheld the MSP Superintendent’s Decision to deny and handgun permit.
    "

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    This is a direct quote from the HPRB admin,

"There were 8 reviews- all 8 decisions upheld the MSP Superintendent’s Decision to deny and handgun permit.

There were 3 hearings- 1 hearing reversed the decision of the MSP Superintendent’s Decision to deny and handgun permit, 1 hearing was sent back to MSP and granted pending additional information, and 1 hearing decision upheld the MSP Superintendent’s Decision to deny and handgun permit.
    "

So is that 1 for 8?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    So is that 1 for 8?

No. There were 8 reviews. They are just heard by the board with no input from the applicant. I don't see the point really if you are an applicant. Of the hearings, 1 was reversed and 1 sent back to the MSP with additional info. There is no way of knowing what the 8 reviews entailed. I personally did not hear what the applicants were asking. If someone here heard the reviews, pipe up.

Of the 3 hearings, it sounds like 2 will be changed. One by the board and one by the SP with the additional info submitted by the applicant.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    No idea how the HGRB works, but my experience with minutes are such; Minutes for a meeting would not be available until the board reviews them and approves them. That should be done at tonight's meeting for minutes of the last meeting, a rolling basis. So minutes available as of now should include the meetings of the ones before last meeting.

Montgomery has a plethora of boards and councils operating under sunshine. Most of the minutes to meetings are available online of various boards. The office of zoning even posts full transcripts of hearings.

Also, these boards will have agendas. All you need do is email the chair, and they'll email you back the agenda for the evening. One example is commission of common ownership communities. They will send you a list of hearing dates, and the players for the evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom